close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Social Thread LV Autumn At Last

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Hack, Sep 29, 2011.

1. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Come back then. I got some relief at work so I can use some time off. And mail me the tee shirts already!

2. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Actually, I've been pretty busy with work so haven't gone out much. Just trying to sleep.

3. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    I once had a coworker who was in an induced coma. He told me later he could remember hearing me talk to him when I went to visit. Said he wanted to talk back, but just couldn't.

4. Woofie

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    They are bad, but can be recoverable. My neighbor has fully recovered from a bad stroke that we thought was the end of her.

Don't give up on him.

5. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    wow, that has to be horrible, especially when it might be months or years..

When my dad was lying in the hospital, waiting for death, he also wasnt conscious. We thought he might still hear us and a nurse told us that they sometimes do. The doctor just said that he will die, didnt care at all. POS, I hope he has to live through something like this too one day.

6. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Not much of anything from my end. I just didn't post that much anywhere, as to yesterday. I'm on annual leave as of this morning, for two weeks.

Today, I plan on going out to the MDOC range in Parkville, MO and to shoot my rifle, maybe a little handgun shooting as well. Right now I am having the big breakfast at home. Three eggs and a thick slice of beef bacon, along with some coffee. Can't beat it. Might even splurge and have a little oatmeal.

7. Hack

I have heard that kind of thing more in recent years. It makes me wish I would have talked with one of my great grandparents more as she was passing on. This was years ago, back in the mid seventies. And, she never recovered. She simply passed on after the coma. She was up in her nineties at least, but no one ever really knew her age. They actually guessed her age as being mid to late nineties.

8. Hack

I know it may be difficult, but for your own sake forgive the doctor. It will actually do you more harm than to the doctor to hold that kind of grudge.

I have been that way concerning my maternal grandmother's former caretakers. The main one went against my wishes concerning diet, and fed her stuff with a bunch of transfatty acids and such like nearly everyday. It clogs up the arteries something terrible. She would have lasted another ten years if it had not been for that. Plus with being diabetic a person has to consider all the more a healthy diet. My wife's grandmother was allowed to suffocate with no other life saving measures being performed. One of her daughters just sat there and watched her die.

We have been learning not to harbour unforgiving attitudes. The bitterness that results is only painful to us, not to the ones who has ever done us wrong, or others of our families. I feel for you, as I personally know that kind of pain.

9. Hack

:wavey: Howdy!

10. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    how you doin' Bruder?

11. Hack

Eh, OK. Having some after breakfast coffee and am on a leisurely pace. Although, I will need to get moving after a little bit if I am to make hours at the shooting range. They are only open from 12:00 to 16:00 at this one, and they have an outdoor rifle range I want to try out.

So, how are you?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  12. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    nothing new here.

picked up my "new" car today and put all of the usefull stuff from my old into the new one.

13. Woofie

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    He was under for less than a week, probably an eternity to him.

Sorry about your dad. I am a firm believer that doctors should have to go through some of the things that patients do, similar to cops being pepper sprayed and tazed. I'm dealing with an ******* doctor and his staff who have no idea the pain and misery I was in while they pretended to be busy.

Which reminds me, I need to call the doctor again because I'm still having kidney stone symptoms even after surgery. For some reason his office won't return my calls.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  14. Hack

Sounds good. Time to sell the old one then?

15. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    yes, probably tomorrow.

16. Hack

17. Hack

Well, time to go shoot a bullet or two down range. CYL.:wavey:
    :50cal: