close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Social Thread LIV: Ze Infidel comez to the US!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by OfficerChris, May 12, 2011.

1. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Yep, that'll do it. I was dying yesterday at work. We are getting morning and night 60F with days reaching 85F+ and the differential is killing me.

2. It was like that here yesterday. I'll be glad to see the highs in the 60's.

In other news, if the rain holds off I'm taking my two 8x57mm Mausers to the range. One is a 1938 VZ-24 and the other a 1942 K98. The 98 is still in excellent condition, Nazi proof marks still intact and all, but the VZ-24 has been around Europe 4 or 5 times. No finish left at all, but it's a solid old warhorse. Only paid $75 for it about 9 years ago. :cool:

If she'll group good I may turn her into a "scout-ish" rifle. I'm not a deer hunter, but the 8x57mm ought to make a mess of the overgrown local coyote population. :supergrin:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011

3. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    really frustrating when you show up at a car dealer, with a bag full of money and they tell you, "the make and model you want is not available until 2012"

:sigh:

4. Yea! Or they don't ahve what you want and are uninterested/unwilling to try to locate one for you.:upeyes:

5. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    so buy a real car - a german made :tongueout:

Wish me luck guys, tomorrow is my first written exam at the university. Thursday is the second one....

Feel cool and relaxed right now, but I guess this will change tomorrow lol

6. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Nov 23, 2006
    North Carolina
    Good luck OC! :thumbsup:

7. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Nov 23, 2006
    North Carolina
    Bag full of money? :wow:

8. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    Or don't believe you will actually buy it.

9. Woofie

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    Back from the hospital . . . again. Night night time.

10. Woofie

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    I guess there is a flip side to this, too. I know my dad was hassled by one officer when he was first getting interviewed when he was 21 because he didn't have a suit. It got to the point where one of the sergeants on the board gave the officer a lecture during the interview about harassing some poor kid because he can't afford to buy a suit.

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

As long as you don't come to the written looking like a bum or thug, we don't care. But you better come to the oral interview dressed to the nines!

12. RMolina628

RMolina628 got a job!

May 28, 2009
    Northern MI
    Little one slept for 16 hours yesterday/ today and now seems to be 100%. I on the other hand have slept for about 4 hours in the last 48 and feel about 10%

13. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    lawman you are crazy lol.

btw exam sucked, next one tomorrow, probably also a failure
    <-... nice done IDIOT.

14. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany

if you fail again, don't bother showing up here anymore!

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Time for a new thread?

I just don't want to miss being first on page 52 so I want to cut it off now.

16. GT thought of the day:

Why do some people hold our military members in such high regard, but look upon LE as an evil entitly bent of destrying their rights and out to get them personally? :dunno:

I always thought we were on the same side...you know, they take care of things abroad and we hold things down back on the farm...silly me. :upeyes: