close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

So ... What Was He Thinking?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Hack, Jan 3, 2012.

1. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Not smart on his part. . But Lawsuit? Really?

File a complaint with Stickney PD and call it even.

2. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

3. What's the big deal? I came out of work one night after an evening shift to find a note from a woman under the wiper on my POV and I didn't sue her. :supergrin:

Disclaimer: While the above anecdote is true, the officer's actions were inappropriate and just plain stupid.

4. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

I've had a few try and contact me after a contact...

5. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Jan 29, 2001
    In Existential Crisis
    So even if the badge doesn't get you *****, the ***** may STILL get your badge, $$$, and house, and retirement, and ATV/Sea-Doo/Snow mobile, and flatscreen, and....

:shocked:

He should have waited and asked her out at court. :tbo:

6. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

He could have sang to her from the stand like an eppisode out of Cop Rock.

7. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    I know a few guys from Stickney....have had in service training classes with them. Mostly street tac unit guys.....small town, but they are really busy. We've had a few of our stolens show up in their area.

Talk about embarrassing....not only did you get rejected, but your rejection made national news.
    :rofl:

8. w01

w01

Nov 22, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Unless she used a PO Box or other address, if he issued the ticket, he already had her address. Either way... dumb dumb dumb... should have called from a payphone or talked to her in person when she was getting off work and nobody was around so there is no proof of the contact. Just when you think cops should know better on how to cover their tracks.:whistling:

10. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    One of the chicago cop blogs shaved has a photo of her. She ain't nothing to write home about.....she's a chubs.

11. Around here that stuff would get MDTs from the entire Department taken away by the state and rendering a useless PD. Wish some would take the extra minute to think about what they are doing.

12. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    Dumb move by the cop, dont get me wrong...but come on. You're the police right? Don't believe her side that he searched her on MDT, he had to write her address on the ticket, he already had her address. The only reason she is playing up that claim is for a better lawsuit.

13. Obviously not with the head between the shoulders.

14. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    Buddy of mine works in a metro area and made a traffic stop on a girl for speeding on a hospital campus. She took her warning ticket and circled back around to where he was sitting to ask him on a date. IIRC they went out a few times. She ended up being crazy.

15. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
  16. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs
    What is the first rule of LEADS (and whatever your state database is)?? "Misuse of LEADS **IS** a crime, and you **WILL** be prosecuted when you are caught, oh, and you **WILL** be caught." Seriously, they even went on to say (as if it should be necessary) that looking up the address and phone number of hot chicks on leads is most definitely a violation.

Yet, every year, morons are charged with LEADS violations..

17. dmjonez

dmjonez

Feb 23, 2011
    Kennesaw, GA
    She must have had ok teeth and a Bravia.