close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So what kind of watch does everyone wear?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Roger1079, Sep 27, 2012.

1. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    FALSE.

All chicks go crazy for Rolex. Seriously.

[​IMG]

2. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Good for you and great choice. I too own a Submariner but in two-tone stainless/18K gold, with blue dial and bezel. I also bought a stainless, Sub C for my Son.
    Its very strange but you'll likely find many of the same folk on GT that will drop a bundle on a high end pistol/rifle/shotgun/automobile/motorcycle/boat, etc, will complain or even condemn someone who appreciates a quality, high end watch purchasing same. Go figure. Personally, I don't get it.

3. Taurus851

Taurus851

Jul 9, 2011
    citizen eco drive is my daily wear to work watch:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  4. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Very nice . . . I've been considering a white dial Milgauss as my next purchase.

5. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Oct 30, 2009
    So, you know those chicks personally? :whistling:

6. Haven't worn a watch for over ten years. Likely will not start now.

7. Roger1079

Roger1079

Mar 22, 2008
    South FL
    Good taste in motorcycles too sir.

8. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

G-Shock. It even tells the tides.

[​IMG]

(I went through the Rolex phase in my late 20's (stainless steel Submariner). It was pretty and cool looking, and lost about 5 minutes a week.

[​IMG]

I got tired of worrying about losing it or leaving it somewhere and of having people ask me if it was real. :supergrin:

9. Paul7

Paul7

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Omega Constellation.

10. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    I just check my phone.

Ive never had a fancy expensive watch before though, those might fit comfortably. Maybe someday ill geta aweome watch, a friend and i went and checked a bunch out once, the rolexes are sweet with the smooth second hand travel. I can always dream :)

11. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    Been on my wrist every day for the last 3years, 5days....

[​IMG]

And you guys that just use your cell phones, it's the modern equivalent of the pocket watch. And just as convenient.

12. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    But way more confortable and i already have it on my, no need to add an unconfortable thing onto my wrist.

13. devildog2067

devildog2067

Apr 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Very nice. The Yachtmaster is an underappreciated model. Never understood what the fuss was until I tried one on.

14. devildog2067

devildog2067

Apr 20, 2005
    Chicago
    A watch isn't uncomfortable at all. Even a heavy watch only weighs a couple of ounces.

15. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Well, I wasn't going to post on this thread, but you've inspired me. You don't get it? Why we'll spend money on an awesome gun, but not a fancy watch? Well listen up:

1. I have no need for a watch. Clocks are all around me everywhere I go. They're on my computer (I can see the time right now, for example). They're in the halls where I work. They're in meeting rooms on the wall. Etc, etc. They're on my cell phone, there is a clock in my car. Worst case scenerio, I ask somebody nearby, they pull out their phone, and tell me. Basically, there is no need to own a watch. Whereas with guns, there often is a VERY REAL need.

2. A cheap watch works just as well as an expensive one. They both tell you the time of day. I can buy a cheap watch for ten bucks. Sure, it might break in a couple years. Buy a new one. You can't say the same thing for guns. Cheap ones are less accurate, and far more likely to malfunction.

3. In today's modern society, I don't want to be constantly reminded of what time it is. I've got enough stress in my life without having the time staring at me from my own arm. If I want to know what time it is, I'll find out (as mentioned in #1, I can look at a computer, or a clock, or ask someone). I think that not worrying so much about time can actually lower your stress, which contributes to quality of life and may even extend your life. Win win. If I need to be somewhere at a certain time, I plan for it, and keep track of time. Easy to do.

4. For special functions, they can be useful. I do have a watch with GPS for running. It set me back a hundred bucks. But it is a great tool for my workouts. I also wear it while I'm coaching soccer games.

5. Based on 1-4 above, a logical observer can see that while some things like guns, cars, etc, serve very practical purposes, and buying a good one will give very different results than buying a cheap one (compare my volvo xc wagon to your Ford Fiesta for example), shelling out a bunch of money on a fancy watch serves no real purpose. A five or ten dollar watch will tell you exactly the same time as your five thousand dollar watch. Expensive watches are simply jewelry.

I'm not condemning or complaining about people who buy expensive jewelry, but you need to own up to what it is. It is a luxury item that has very little useful purpose. Some people like those. Fine. Maybe you can impress your friends. Impress the ladies. But that is all it is, just a way to show off to people.

Enjoy.

16. hpracing007

hpracing007

Jun 16, 2006
    TEXAS
    My daily is a Seiko my mom gave me like... 12 years ago. Keeps great time. I use the chrono everyday, whatever watch I get next has to have one.

17. phil evans

phil evans

May 26, 2006
    austin tx
    let the smugness begin - again.:rofl:

18. devildog2067

devildog2067

Apr 20, 2005
    Chicago
    How many times have we had this thread? I only ask because I'm curious if you cut-and-pasted this response, or actually typed it out. Looks like most of the usual suspects are here already, anyway, except Yo.

Good for you.

I go plenty of places where there aren't any clocks. I suppose in some of those places I could hang some (like next to my shower, for example, I don't have any clocks in the bathroom) but it's easier just to bring my watch since I'm already wearing it.

I'd argue with the modifier "often"--other than my time in the military, I have never ever "needed" a gun. More than once, I've "needed" a watch on a hike or climb.

Actually, often better.

I'm far more stressed out if I have to worry about whether I'm late or not, but to each his own I guess.

19. podwich

podwich

Sep 7, 2000
    MI
    You spend your money on what you value. It's simply that.

You find a thread in which people post about some nice stuff they have and you react with...whatever it is you just posted. This says a lot about you. If you post something nice that you bought with your money (whether car, gun, watch, house, ring, whatever), I'm going to respond with something congratulatory. I'm not going to interject my opinion on how I'd never spend my money on that, it's pointless, you're a showoff, etc.

In short, get over yourself.