close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So we vote for Romney.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by frank4570, Apr 13, 2012.

1. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    We vote for him this year because he is so much better than Obama. He is kind of an insult to the constitution, particularly the 2nd amendment, but we have to be realists.
    In a few years we will vote for Obama, or rather somebody like him, because he is so much better than the other guy.
    Good for us. We're awesome.

2. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

Then what's the best solution?
    Where's that perfect candidate?

3. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    I don't know what it looks like. But I know it doesn't look like a Mitt Romney.

4. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
    I'm not voting for Mitt Romney. :wavey:

5. G22Dude

G22Dude

Jan 23, 2009
    The American people at times are like children. They don't want to hear the truth so they would never vote for a candidate who tells them that our economy is busted and we need to stop spending ect. We will vote for the lesser of two evils or just not participate, Unfortunately this is the trend. None of the Republicans or Conservatives were perfect. There never will be such a candidate. We already saw what happens when folks think they have a Messiah running to be the POTUS, they ignore all logic and reason and pull the lever. Romney is flawed in serious ways, but I'd rather vote for him than endure another four years of the One

6. uglyblackguns

uglyblackguns

Jan 29, 2012
    I am not happy with Romney but everyone that is waiting for the perfect candidate to show up before they vote will just not ever vote. The libs and dems are counting on that.
    For the record I voted for Paul in Az primary. Just because he didn't win doesn't mean I pout and don't vote or even worse vote for the incumbent idiot just to prove a point.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

That's like saying, "I'm not eating carrots".

It doesn't matter one hoot.
    Makes absolutely no difference of any kind, to anything.

Who you're voting FOR is what's important and the only course
    of action that could possibly make any difference or change anything.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  8. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    hmmm...

it'd have to be somebody willing to make massive cuts immediately to the big programs, in order to try to avert the catastrophe brewing on that front. Somebody with a very strong track record of conservativism, not a flip flopping liar known to tell anybody whatever they want to hear any time of the day- somebody we could trust to really go to work on dismantling this monster we've allowed to be created, with the track record to prove it.

It'd have to be somebody not already bought and paid for before they even make the office- somebody with the strong support of actual humans, not "corporations are people too". He'd also have to have pretty wide appeal; there are quite a few progressive idealists out there, and even more folks on the dole happy to let the idealists pander to them- so he'd have to appeal to a wide range of people, in addition to the base which ought to be thrilled to have a real conservative to vote for a change.

Maybe a real conservative that could also appeal to those anti-war type dems and independents, and those for whom some social issues like gay marriage are important. A proven, true conservative that could also appeal to independents looking for a real change, and even appeal to some dems sick of no more war promises that don't come true.

Yea, the closest to perfect we're likely to get was right here in your face, and you blew it. You've been had once again, because you never stop to listen or think, you just keep talking.

9. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    Not surprising since you've already said your OK with Obama being re-elected if/when Paul doesn't get the nomination.

10. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
    Thats not true because voting for Mitt Romney will not make any difference of any kind or change anything. You might think it will but it won't. :wavey:

11. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    “We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them,” he said during a gubernatorial debate. “I won’t chip away at them; I believe they protect us and provide for our safety.” -Mitt Romney

“These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense, they are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” -Mitt Romney 2004

:steamed:

12. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
    I just fail to see that electing Romney would be any different. Were screwed with either of them at least with Obama we will get the chance to try again with a true Conservative in another 4 years instead of having to wait for another 8.

13. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Oh and I will NOT vote for any Progressive. I'd cut my damn hand off first.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9xTIDB106g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9xTIDB106g[/ame]

14. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    Are you voting for Obama? Yes or no?

15. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
    Nope, I either won't vote or will vote for a 3rd party (i.e Gary Johnson). Yeah, yeah I know thats supposedly a vote for Obama. Whatever, if the GOP really wanted my vote they wouldn't be giving me Mitt Romney.

16. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    We'd rather vote for the person that claims they won't screw us over but will more slowly, rather than vote for the person that claims they will as fast as they can. I'd say we need a wake up call but it seems like our choices are between someone who won't call and someone who will, but only let it ring once before hanging up.

17. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    Are you voting for a progressive from massachusetts? Yes or no?

18. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

I've not blown anything, because I've not cast a vote yet.
    Think about it!

But I do intend to vote for the republican nominee in November.

And I just might vote for Ron Paul in the Texas primary, just for the hell of it.
    It certainly can't hurt anything.

19. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
    Doesn't matter they aren't listening. They are all so blinded by hate for Obama that they're willing to elect someone just as bad.