close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

So we truely have hit a new low.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Colorado4Wheel, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Apparently, the most interesting conversation around here lately is about the weather. And that is with WiskyT who I am pretty sure is totally in the bag most the time. SURELY, someone is doing something interesting.

-I am still trying to figure out how to cast lead bullets.

-Perhaps someone has a problem with a LnL we can talk about.

-Maybe someone has a issue with a Dillon we can talk about. Those Primer loaders are really a PITA sometimes.

ANYTHING is better then talking to WiskyT about the weather.

SOMETHING:dunno::dunno:

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Never heard the term "in the bag".. whats that mean?

As for activity, sorry.. been busy w/ life here for a while. I still check here regularly, and have noticed it's slowed quite a bit.

IGF

3. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    in the bag Drunk; often half in the bag. This may be a shortened version of the now infrequently heard tie a bag on, which may itself be related to bag as nautical slang for ‘pot of beer.’ The precise origin is unknown.

4. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Well, in all the excitement, I prepped roughly 500 .223 cases last night - trimmed, chamfered and deburred. About to go swage their backsides. My nephew is coming over for a visit this weekend and wants to go shooting. I'll be teaching him how to load up some 30-06 rounds for his Rem 750. If luck holds, I'll get to chrony some of those 44mag and 357sig rounds that have been sitting around here for a while waiting on the weather to cooperate (remember, this is Florida and we get frequent rainstorms as well as the occasional named storm).

5. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

May 22, 2002
    My #2 1050 isnt working right now. I loaded up 4,000 pcs of 38 Short Colt on it earlier this week and now it is sitting idle.

Kinda like being broken I guess.

How about this?

I cant seat the Montane Gold 142s all the way to the cannelure. If I do the case bulges at the bottom and they wont easily drop in the cylinder of my 627. I bet a LFCD would fix that.

I will just take my AI-X in 243 to the range tomorrow and shoot it instead. Maybe Lizard will show up.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  6. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Darn Steve, I just now realized your pun....

"So we truly have hit a new low."

:rofl::rofl:

7. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    I'm still moving into my new place, bought a new townhouse with a 2 car garage, still deciding on what to do as far as getting my bench set-up again. Everything is boxed up and likely to stay that way for at least 2 more weeks. :crying:

8. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    We need a FCD war again. It's been a long time.

9. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Billy Joel would be proud.

10. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego
    You guys always made fun of me and my LnL, so Ive been in therapy this whole time and could not afford components.. No Ive been busy, But i did just score a 1908 Colt .25acp hammer less that I'm going to shot tomorrow and save the brass and reload... Maybe. I have got a lot of new toys but mainly gun stuff, not reloading. I will post pics. Oh ya my lucky brother got a job at GUNS magazine (he's not even really into guns).

11. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Lucky you - free tickets to the SHOT show?

12. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Gotta love the simplicity and efficiency of the Super Swage. All those .223 cases are now fully prepped and ready for priming, charging and capping.

13. StaTiK

StaTiK Get Some

Jan 22, 2002
    SE Michigan
    I totally agree, I used to check this place multiple times per day for all of the fascinating info as well as the "characters" that you get to feel like you know after a while. Lately it's been downright boring.

I wish I had something profound to add myself... I've been buying lead lately, even though I don't cast yet. I'm temporarily in California (which doesn't help), and I've called a ton of scrap yards and recyclers but no one will sell. They do offer me an average of 8 cents per pound if I decide to sell to them though. :upeyes: Everything is mail order which is less than ideal when it comes to lead.

I found a deal on a Dillon 650 on Craigslist: press and casefeeder plus 9 conversions (with dies) for $900. Unfortunately I found it 2 hours after posting and it was long gone.

Google also provided me a lead on a progressive Ammomaster at a garage sale out of state for a good price. I called and left a message assuming that it didn't sell in Podunk, Nowheresville but never received a call back.

-StaTiK-

14. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
  15. crsuribe

crsuribe 10mm Auto

Jul 3, 2010
    OH
    The weather sucked today. It was humid as hell and hotter than usual. I hate this weather. So who else is mad about the weather?

16. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Wednesday sucked, but it's been nice for a few weeks! :supergrin:

How's it goin', bud?

17. davesretired1

davesretired1

Sep 7, 2009
    114 today!! Actually felt pretty good after Tuesday ( 116 ). :rofl:

18. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Well, I'm a little anxious about tomorrow morning.

Earlier in the week, my wife made a big pot of chili. It really was pretty good. Wednesday night we had something else, then last night we had the chili again because it was just easy. This morning, I was amazed at the sheer volume and how little the chili seemed to change going through me.

Tonight, we went to see Ray up the pass. Guess what was for dinner.

Let's just say that when I start casting tomorrow morning I'm going to make sure I'm never more than 4 feet away from some shop towels... just in case.

:ack:

19. Well I finally got my Hi Point 45 carbine back from the manufacturer. They took care of a lot of things for me and upgraded several items as well. It came back with an extra mag. Shoots sweet and on target (even for me).

I scored some extra 45ACP brass Thursday and yesterday at the ranges I went to. The stuff from yesterday has to be sorted out as it was contaminated with SPP. I'm now quite sure that I will never use all the 45 acp brass I have stocked up.

There are a few guys that don't frequent around here. Perhaps someone should start a 'Where are they now' thread. That might spice things up a bit.

20. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    I don't drink.

My wife cleans her minivan out by dumping everything on my side of the garage, then complains that I have too much junk in the garage. Yesterday, I took all of her half drank water bottles, half empty party favor bags from the never ending stream of kiddie parties, a flat soccer ball, and various other junk from my side of the garage and through it on her side of the garage. She had to clean it all up to pull her car in.

My car doesn't fit in the garage (too long) so my side is for the mower, tools bicycles, and bullet casting.

I have peewee soccer practice this morning and my daughter's soccer game after that.