So Silver is over $24/oz....

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by emt1581, Oct 13, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Personally, I keep kicking myself for stocking up on a tons of guns/ammo instead of bullion. But then again, I'm pretty confident that guns/ammo/food/meds/and other essentials will be worth close to their weight in when the economy collapses and parts of society turn on the rest of us.

-Emt1581

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. SHOOTR13

SHOOTR13 G30SF Owner

When the SHTF, the people who own gold / silver / diamonds / Paste your Favorite here...will just have lumps of refined ore / shiny trickets.

Put your money into Water, Food, Guns and Ammo, and Shelter...you will be able to survive, protect what you have and or take what you need.

Just think, after the dust settles and you want to trade, barter, or even buy something you absolutely need, whadda ya gonna do with that gold bar, silver coin, diamond, whatever current currency when the item you're buying is not worth one hundreth or even a tenth of whatever you have to pay with...got change for a diamond ring, gold bar ? Come on...!!

3. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

You might want to edit out that "take what you need part"...or put on a flame suit.

-Emt1581

4. THIS is the thinking of someone who wasn't smart enough to jump on the band wagon LONG ago. :tongueout: Oh well. Someone ALWAYS has to be left behind.

5. What if you already have LOADS of that essential stuff and need someplace to put the rest of your wealth? What will you use once the SHTF has subsided and things return to relative calm, but all fiat currencies are wiped out? Ignore 5,000 years of history? Good luck.

SC

#145 SilverCity, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  6. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

I agree with you. Balance is always important. My wife and I were just talking about how lucky we are with a good pension for when we retire, a good savings in IRA's etc, and good jobs to provide for us.

At the same time we have prepared for the future with preps and PM's. We also have an exercise program, diet and have been seeing to our medical needs in advance. Balance.

We are not wealthy by anyones definition but we feel that we have hedged our bets in life by keeping a good balance. Some PM's make really good sense, especially lately, and I have food, water, shelter and defense covered so why not? It's just one more prep.

7. E-X-A-C-T-L-Y There are also different degrees of SHTF. We won't go from the most powerful country with the strongest dollar to Mad Max overnight. With gold/silver you can opt out anytime and sell for a profit as needed.

8. Let's say that the world goes to a "global currency". What will gold and silver be worth? Think that balloon will pop?

9. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's, uh, a pretty big "let's say". lol

And it will probably be worth what it is worth now, more or less, in terms of buying power.

#149 Warp, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  10. Well since gold is more popular in China, India, and most of the Third World than it is here it MAY rise further. The Euro was a testing ground for a Global Currency and more than a few Countries are having second thought about that decision.

11. Gold $1403.60

Silver $27.46

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

12. Freakin' runaway freight train...:shocked:

Silver will hit $30 by Friday at this rate :wow:

And how's that gold short working for ya? :whistling:

SC

#152 SilverCity, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  13. Hear that? I don't either. What happened to the 'experts' who said gold/silver was a FOOLISH investment? Pretty quiet lately ain't they?:whistling::whistling:

14. $27.68 as of now..

15. While cleaning up the house last night I came across a receipt from Oct 2009 for 10 1964 Kennedy halves for $52. Those would go for about $100 today.

AT $27.64 one Kennedy half is worth exactly $10.

#155 cowboy1964, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  16. APD

APD Trunk Monkey

I keep hearing the price of silver will fall.....as I watch it rise over the last 5 months.

I bought some at 15-16 bucks and thought THAT was pretty high. Guess I was wrong.

17. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Don't make the mistake of being happy about this!! This is NOT a good thing!

It's an indication of the crisis which will be getting MUCH worse.

-Emt1581

18. Do I want the economy to melt down, (no) of course I don't! I do however live on a little planet called reality, saw this coming years ago and I've been preparing for it. Those who have not prepared are going to get hosed in the end.

I purchased most of my silver when it was around $6 an ounce, and gold when it was around $400 and ounce. Am I happy where the prices currently are and where they'll be in the future? Damn right I am!!!!

19. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

So you are 100% off the grid then?

-Emt1581

20. My cabin is, can get there in little over an hour if need be.