So Silver is over $24/oz....

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by emt1581, Oct 13, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

In MY scenario? I get the joke but were you denying what we're seeing as far as the USD losing value rapidly?

-Emt1581

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Does the Federal Reserve do its trading online through Scwab or Ameritrade or do they use a broker?

Where are the securities held?

3. Nope, I agree that the greenback is dropping like a rock. Me thinks something is afoot. I'll know for sure in about three weeks.

Tangibles are king. The priority you assign to different classes of tangibles is up to you. Hopefully you guess right and if not you'll have plenty of time to brush up on the age old skill of bartering.

4. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Personally, I'm pouring a ton of money into home repairs. That way, other than needing electricity and water, I'm as independent as possible.

But aside from that, there are several tangibles which have proven themselves in bad times, some we've been talking about for a long time.

-Emt1581

5. Didn't say "stacks" of bills. In any currency crisis there will likely be a time when you will have zero access to your money in the bank (bank holiday / bank closings). Odds are that debit can credit cards will also be frozen. During the early days no one will take PMs. You will need to go to a dealer, cash in you PMs, then spend the money.

It is much easier if you have $500 or so stashed away in the safe that you can quickly access so that you can buy a tank full of gas and a trunk full of food. Despite the dollar crashing, there will always be people willing to take worthless pieces of paper, just as they have been trained to do all their lives.

6. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Ohhhh ok...I was thinking like stacks of $20's and maybe 5-10 grand worth.

-Emt1581

7. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Now yer just poking them with a sharp stick. :rofl:

Question for the masses: If the government controls the stock market, why did it go from 1525 to 677 in less than 2 years???? Or is it like the DMV - they are only in control when it's for evil. When they are inept, it doesn't count?

It's puff puff PASS, dewds.

And boy do I wish I had bot some silver at $9 - just to sell it to people now. Making near a triple on my $ would have been cool. I'm only up 35% or so on my BP.

8. Dennis in MA

Oh, and one more thing: Is it better to have a strong dollar or a weak one?

Who wants to answer that. Seems the same people that rail against a falling dollar rail against the rising dollar, too. You can't have it both ways.

Dangit - I'm poking with my own sharp stick!

9. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Tell me about it! I wanted to buy Silver when it was just over $10. My broker told me it was a bad idea. I'm just glad I went against what he said and bought when it was at $16-$18! It's not like I'm going to retire on the money I made...but at least if/when our USD becomes worthless, I'll have enough to buy some stuff.

Something I realized today. I've seen people over on a silver forum getting all tickled pink that their silver is shooting up in price. And I suppose if you have a few hundred pounds of it you can live quite comfortably. But the more USD's an ounce costs, the less the USD is worth. The value of PM's pretty much remain constant. But in the grand scheme of things, screw the few extra bucks silver holders are making, I'm thinking things are about to get UGLY!

-Emt1581

10. Who said specifically the government controls the stock market? I believe what I said was that it was manipulated. Now I will admit we are approaching a collusion between corporate and government that approaches the definition of facism, so yea they do have a hand in it but once again you paraphrase incorrectly to deflect from the fact that you have no facts.

To actually answer a question you posed: because bubbles must burst; period. The housing market was an artifical bubble inflated by government intrusion into the free market (Community Reinvestment Act) and banks (private) using creative and down right dishonest methods of qualifying people for loans they shouldn't get but the government believes they should. Keeping interest rates far too low for far too long by the Fed (public/private entity) kept the easy money flowing into homes. Banks then take advantage of the bubble and package all sorts of mortgage backed securities that are billed by the rating agencies (private) as being iron-clad AAA investments. So the artifical bubble was created by a collection of private and government entities.

There are all sorts of factors that lead to manipulation, and to answer your other smart-***** question: even the highs are due to government ineptitude. They try to directly intervene into earn votes and keep their jobs, and in doing so they push things way too high way too fast and screw with the freemarket system to the point of no return.

Everything that occurs naturally finds a natural equilibrium on its own without outside influence. There are way, WAY too many factors and systems and individuals to effectively control an entire eco-system. The same goes for the free market system as it is intended to exist.

You liberals love to scream about how we are damaging the environment with our pollution and even a small amount of pollution will eventually build up and destroy the eco-system. Well the free market is the exact same way. It is a delicate eco-system that even a small amount of artifical interference will damage. We have screwed with the free market for so long and so thoroughly we have polluted it beyond repair.

11. So are you just gonna mock or are you going to answer an actual question?

How can more people be withdrawing money from the market than putting into it for 23 consecutive months at the same time the market continues to rise?

Does supply and demand no longer apply?

12. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

You used a chart that election Years outperform average years since 1900 as proof that the "Plunge Protection Team" started by President Reagan's Executive Order in 1988 manipulates markets?

Can I give you a hint? 1988 was the last year of Reagan's second term. Even if he could have maipulated markets with his working group he couldn't run for a third term... So what was his motive?

13. His handlers made him sign it. They knew his judgement was affected by his Alzheimers disease, and simply waited for an opportune moment.

Source: Bob Chapman

http://theinternationalforecaster.com/

http://bobchapman.blogspot.com/

Bob was his neighbor in Malibu, and was a close, personal friend. When Bob asked Ron why he appointed all those CFR folks to key cabinet positions, his response was, "They'd kill me if I didn't. They are the ones who got me elected".

What were his handlers motives? Your guess is as good as any...

Control of the markets, maybe?

By the way, this behind-the-scenes control of US presidents has been going on for at least 100 years. Research the Banking Act of 1913, which established the Federal Reserve. What did they have on "Woody" Wilson to make him sign that bill? A dalliance with a young coed when he was President of Princeton University.

When asked by a reporter why he signed the Emergency Banking Act of 1933, which closed banks and outlawed gold ownership, FDR said candidly, "That's what I was told to do."

Read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin; watch "The Money Masters" DVD and get an education about the international banking cartel's role in geopolitics over the last 200 years, for starters.

Then, maybe we can talk.

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”
    - Henry Ford

SC

#33 SilverCity, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  14. I am glad as heck I have 387 ounces sitting in a safe deposit box. When it hits $30 I MAY dump it.

15. Don't know about the Fed but the Saudi's have dropped oil prices prior to every Presidential election since Nixon.

16. Is this a serious question given the current midterms? If the markets tank during an election year, whatever party is in power has a tendency to lose. It isn't Reagan or Carter or Obama or Bush, it is the Democratic party or the Republican party and whichever party the buisness world thinks will be beneficial.

A rising market is not a guaranteed win, but a sinking market is a huge weight around the neck of whatever political party lays claim to the guy in office.

17. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

When it hits $30 that's probably an indication you want to HOLD it...not dump it.

As I said before, once it gets higher and higher in relation to the dollar, that's not a good thing. I means were are about to be or are already in some serious s***.

-Emt1581

18. Dennis in MA

Assuming you are buying stuff with silver.

Wheat - not going up in price.

TV's - not going up in price.

Automobiles - not going up in price.

If there was this crazy "inflation" thing going on, then you'd be all set.

19. Dennis in MA

You really don't understand how the stock market works, do you?

I'm not being sarcastic. You just don't. Take a search on Morningstar surveys of average investor returns and you might find an answer.

20. Dennis in MA

THIS GUY!

:rofl: