close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So, nobody went to the Jamil Temple?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Glockphobia, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Glockphobia

Glockphobia
    Expand Collapse
    NOT!

have'nt even seen a thread on "gunshow at the jamil temple" this go around. so, didnt anybody make it? any deals or ripoffs to be had.:rofl::whistling: i worked this weekend, day 16, with no day off until the 31st.:crying:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. hagar

hagar
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Nope, not me! I have not been to a gun show in years, but still manage to buy all the guns and ammo I need at a good price. I just get annoyed with both the rip off artists selling overpriced junk, and the idiots buying it.

3. BadAndy

BadAndy
    Expand Collapse

I always seem to miss them. I'd like to go just to check it out but haven't heard much good about them.

4. ranger88

ranger88
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

I went on Sunday and it looked like business was booming. Took a walk around and saw the usual overpriced Glocks, AR's and AK's. The usual thugs walking around with pistols in their hands, finger on the trigger (of course). Then I stumbled on a table that had a few pistols in a glass case on the last row. Usually I bypass these if they don't have prices clearly marked. But a very shiny revolver caught my eye and I took a closer look. Turns out it was a Colt King Cobra with a 4" barrel in the shiny stainless finish. The guy said that it was NIB, but I had my doubts even considering the fantastic condition of it. I'd rate it a solid 95%. He said that he'd take $700 firm for it and I wen for it. Looking at the prices on GunBroker, looks like I did pretty good. Came with the original box, one HKS speedloader, but no manual. I'll try to post pics at some point. Maybe a range report if I get a chance to shoot it anytime soon. Looks like lately I've been doing more buying than shooting. And so begins the quest to complete a collection of Colt's famous snakes. It always starts with just one, doesn't it?

5. Carbonfly

Carbonfly
    Expand Collapse

The wife and I went on Saturday. We were looking to pick up a lower, but the only one I saw was a guy selling a stripped one for $300 :shocked:. So I ended up buying 2 from a guy on the carolina shooters forum for $400. Why build one when you can build 2 right? :50cal:

I was also looking for some MKIII mags, but most of the guys wanted $25/piece and they wouldn't even budge on price if I was gonna buy a bunch. I hate it when people are so stingy.

6. Thx-1138

Thx-1138
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

I might be interested in buying that extra lower off of you.

7. VC-Racing

VC-Racing
    Expand Collapse
    General Flunky

I tried to go Sat. 3 times but couldn't find a parking spot close to the building . Would not park on the street and walk in , because I'm on crutches at the moment. I'll just wait on the fairground 's show in Feb.

8. Glockphobia

Glockphobia
    Expand Collapse
    NOT!

man! i remember i was at the jamil temple show 2 years ago, got a stripped lower, LPK, stock and pistol grip for less than 300.00.