Glock Talk banner

So many Glocks I had to find out for myself!

655 views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Alcoy 
#1 ·
I have been primarily a Sig fan and historically have avoided Glocks. Then there was a thread on the Sig Forum saying "you will buy a Glock"! It wasn't a negative post just a statement. There is sooooo much about Glocks out there that I finally had to have one to see for my self. My first one is a G19 Gen4. Actually very similar to my M11 A1 (P229 pretty much) so it has been fun to note differences in function etc. No reliability issues so that is really the critical element. I have carried both now and also have a XD9 SC and Kahr PM9. My G19 is now right up there with my other favorites. It is lighter to carry but OWB is my way to carry the larger compacts and actually my preferred carry method but tougher to cover than IWB. I like forums and all the debate and information. I am also an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor (recent development). Age 66!

#5 ·
I have always admired and liked Sigs, but found them better suited for duty carry than concealed carry. Over time I decided that I prefer striker fired over hammer and the Sigs were just too big and heavy.

Polymer and striker fire is now my preferred weapon of choice. I did look at the new Sig P320SC but size wise it didn't offer anything that my G26 didn't already have and the G26 was smaller and lighter. I didn't really care for the super light trigger on the P320 either.

Now that the G43 is out, its a whole new ballgame for me.

#13 ·
Over the years I have Bought, Sold, & Traded, many Glocks.
I never found one that I Disliked, some I liked more than others.
I do regret ever getting rid of any of them.
But when you are running on a shoestring budget, you have to get rid of one to get another.
I have slowed down on my buying, just purchasing the ones that I really want to keep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.