close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

So looting is okay now?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Morris, Nov 8, 2012.

1. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007

2. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    It is if you are in the disadvantaged classes.

3. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Mar 29, 2005
    Kansas
    If you're starving and a damaged store is there, with no one to take your money, I can understand taking food. Is it right, no. Is ending up in the hospital or morgue due to a lack of food right (when there is food accessible)? I still say "no".

If you are in jeapardy of going down, and have a way to save yourself, please do. I would rather see you stealing to suvive than have to carry you to medical help becasue you refused to "steal".

When things are that dire, common sene and survival trumps law and possession.

4. old_pigpen

old_pigpen Huh? What?

Nov 4, 2007
    In a house
    +1

"Disadvantaged classes" being defined as anyone who believes they have less than you do.

5. gsp174

gsp174

Aug 31, 2010
    east coast
    I bet his handcuffs don't work, and he doesn't even know it.

6. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Apr 30, 2000
    Lexington, KY
    Meh. The theory of "lesser evils" applies. Allowing yourself or your family to starve or freeze to death because you don't want to steal a loaf of bread or a blanket in a crisis situation like the aftermath of a hurricane would be a greater evil than stealing the supplies. The totality of circumstances would also have to apply.

7. Except in this case, resources are in place and the victims had significant warning of the disaster.

If this had been an EMP strike or something like that where help wasn't coming, maybe, and that is a distant one for me.

8. Right on Nicker !

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Negative. Disadvantaged class who are entitled to take what they want from you is now defined as anyone who votes Democrat, even if they are richer than you. Except they do it by taxation, not physically stealing.

10. dre23

dre23

Sep 6, 2012
    Florida
    As for the significant warning part I have never lived or visited those states. I was born and lived most of my life in Alabama and if weather man mentioned a possibility of snow a week out in a matter of hours grocery stores were wiped clean of all non perishable items and even some perishable items and would remain so for the rest of the week. Keep in mind for Alabama snow usually means 1-2" and melts as soon as the sun comes up. I live in Florida now and have been through several hurricanes and same circumstances on supplies to some degree. I personally try to be ready for hurricanes when there is chance of one coming my way, but if I had a choice of stealing or my family starving I will steal. I probably would keep list of what I take and visit the store when up and running to pay them. I have on several occasions left a store and realized they gave me back to change and walked back in to return it. I also have a couple of times walked out and realized a small item that covered by a jacket or was under cart and didn't get charged for it, Every time I turned around and got back in line to pay for it. I am not a thief but to save my family I would be.

11. They act like that in Alabama over 2'' of snow,,,that is difficult to imagine. Watching the traffic would be pretty funny, I would think.

12. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    Nobody in America is going to starve. Okay maybe not NOBODY, but in terms of statistics we'd be looking at an tiny number of all those affected ... and I'm sure there would be some other circumstances (elderly, alone, unable to call for help, etc). We're not talking 3rd-World conditions here. Ever notice how our "poor" are among the most overweight in society? Food shortage is not generally an issue in the U.S.

13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Then you get the race pimps saying it's racist because the poor have to eat low quality fattening foods while the rich pay a lot of money for the expensive healthy foods... and disregard the diet habit, not the diet. You can choose not to supersize or eat everything on the plate, you know.

Whatever, you can't win in America because the blame game is ingrained in society and excuses are easier to give than actually working and doing something with your life.

14. enukis

enukis

Nov 6, 2004
    I don't want to debate whether looting is acceptable in certain instances - we can argue all day over that point.

One thing that isn't up for debate is the fact that the NYPD will make officer DiCarlo regret giving that statement.

15. gsp174

gsp174

Aug 31, 2010
    east coast
    They should he is an fool. No one was starving or thirsty, I would go for people being cold. But that is all. This is where society can break down and DiCarlo is supposed to be the one who holds the line. Good Luck with that one.

16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

As well they should. Heavily.

17. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC

+1

Yup! Its the Liberal way....Gots ta keep their voters happy!

18. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I agree. There is a difference between looting to feed yourself and family when no other options to eat are practical and looting 55" flat screen tvs.

One is understandable, one is not.

19. packsaddle

packsaddle

Jan 15, 2009
    over the next four years america will become desensitized to looting, riots, home invastions, and, essentially, crime in general.

we already have to an extent.