close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

So, kool-aid drinkers….

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by G29Reload, Dec 18, 2012.

1. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    You wanted Obama but the one thing that might have flipped you was the gun issue, except you figgered, hey, see, he didn't really do anything bad, it was all hype and he even gave us Nat'l Parks! He won't do a damn thing.

Except when he will. And doesn't have to run again.

Romney: Commits to Uncle Ted and everyone, no new laws.

Obama (via Holder): Love to reinstate the AWB, but just not practical (yet)

So, he's in, nice and safe, election over.

Congrats, suckers. We ALL get to take a bite. So, too bad if you adopted a taste for guns, you don't get an exemption if he manages to get something thru.

And we better stop it there, because all we need is one Justice to go full-on retard (though it would take a bit to overturn precedent) and we'll have it jammed down our throat.

We tried to warn you. Now you have to sweat bullets with the rest of us.

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    After this event I'm not sure even Romney would not sign a new AWB, depending on what's in it.

Feinstein has been working on her "perfected" AWB for a year. Anyone with half a brain knew the Dums would be going after guns in O's second term.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012

3. jlavallee

jlavallee

Jul 15, 2006
    Reno, NV
    Romney signed one before. He is about as reliable as that POS Bohner, the only thing you can count on is that he has no conviction.

We could have had a real pro Constitution man like Paul but the retards that make up the party line voters don't want freedom, they just want the freedoms they like while forcing their views on others. We knew 2A was a liberal hot point, so what? When I see most of the GOP, they're just a vile anyway.

4. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    Yeah, Romney was a real fan of the second amendment, and AR15 rifles in particular. :upeyes:

5. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Apr 16, 2012
    :agree::goodpost:

6. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
  7. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC

After all thats happened....I would rather have Romney & his crew in office instead of berry and "his".

Think about it....

8. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Ron Paul, the guy that couldn't pull enough votes from the Dems to help Romney, was sure going to pull them with an "R" next to his name. You think a lot of Obama's base would have swung over to an "individual responsibility for your life' candidate? You are delusional

Couple that with the fact that, Romney's signing the bill as the Governor was the only way he could get to amend it in favor of gun owners BECAUSE THE LEGISLATURE HAD A VETO PROOF MAJORITY, has been explained to you many time and you fail to grasp iit. I am not surprised you Rongoloids chased voters away from the Libertarian party in droves. The lack of mental acuity in a (supposed) adult that you display is scary.

9. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

this

Our guns are in no greater danger because Mittens lost.

10. KCHORNS

KCHORNS

Jan 15, 2010
    agreed.

11. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

If you don't think our enemies haven't learned anything from the last AWB, you are sadly mistake, stupid or just a liar working for the enemy camp.

Diane Feinswine was on one of the Sunday morning talking head news shows speaking about how she had been working on a new AWB bill for over the last year, waiting for the right time to file it.

Now you have to ask your self what was the right time to file in her mind? Contingent on Obama's reelection? Or perhaps a deep enough pool of blood to splash and dance around in? In either case, she has gotten her "right time" in spades and the battle is going to get ugly.

You can also bet that she has probably enlisted the help of traitorous advisors who actually know guns to help her out on the wording and you can also bet that magazines and cosmetic features aren't going to be the only thing affected by her proposed bill. It will also address function which was what the enemy camp was later disappointed about over the original bill when it finally went into effect.

And to all you treasonous Fudds out there that are ready to throw us under the bus, just remember that your precious bolt-action hunting rifles were the assault weapons of their day and that every advancement ever made in firearms technology was motivated by military need and application.

So you need to decide now whether you are going to stand with us to defend all gun rights or you are going to let us twist in the breeze. Because you can bet your ass that as soon as the precedent has been set for a ban on one class of firearms, they'll come after yours.

12. ked

ked

Feb 12, 2007
    tennessee
    NO, our guns are in the same danger as if Romney had won.

ked

13. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Except they are.

Romney committed that he wouldn't touch em.

Holder said an AWB was still desirable. Obama had it in his plans all along.

Romney sounded like a guy who had learned his lesson.

14. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Keep trying to convince yourself that you aren't part of the problem here.

15. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    She's probably never stopped working on it since she started it. Probably been assembling her wish list since the first one sunsetted.

She still can't sign it into law herself.

16. I was one of the legions who bought their first handgun in the wake of the 2008 election. Joined GT, bought a range membership, a bunch of ammo, then more Glocks. I chose my screen name as a statement of why I got involved, hoping, trusting that it would never come to that. I am as saddened by this rush to lynch gun rights as I am over the tragedy in Newtown. Pretzel Logic reigns. The American people truly have become sheeple, stampeding in whatever direction the wind (and MSM) blows. It is truly a sad time for this country. Once liberty is given up, it is very, very difficult to get it back.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  17. The truly ominous new feature of her perfected bill is the "prospective" ownership ban. This means any outlawed equipment grandfathered in for prior owners will be illegal for anyone else to own. As those owners die off, that equipment will be illegal for heirs to inherit or estate sales to liquidate. Your stuff will be confiscated when you die. In time, there will be a universal ban. And of course, this means no sunset provision in this AWB.

18. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    Perhaps some gun-owning Obama voters are having a "What have I done" moment.[​IMG]

19. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    So says the guy who claimed Obama wouldn't pass any gun legislation in his second term and claimed any talk of it, was the "sky is falling" rhetoric. :whistling:

20. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    ok, so we go down the road of banning certain guns-mag capacities...we have 4 more years of this administration...what happens after the next school shooting? wasnt the coming ban supposed to cure this ill? We all know those who are hell bent on doing this will not be stopped by ANY legislation. I fear democrat rule will lead to gun control we have never seen before, also if your post military like me you better keep a tight lip with the talk of mental illness issues and the ability to obtain a weapon. Get ready for a psych eval before you can purchase...