close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So, is Glock going to build 7 rounders?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Nagoya10, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Nagoya10

Nagoya10

Feb 28, 2008
    Illinois
    Since New York state has went full marxist retard and banned any new mags beyond 7 rounds, that pretty much shuts Glock out of the new pistol market in NY, except the less popular 36. Most gun manufacturers have usually stepped up fairly quick with reduced capacity magazines when the laws went that way in the past. I am thinking Glock will be coming out shortly with 7 round mags, but not sure if they will do it for all models, or just some models or maybe not do it at all.

Anyone know anything?

2. frogmorton11

frogmorton11

Oct 24, 2012
    I think they will just come out with plugs for existing 10 rd mags.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    I don't expect Glock to come out with 7rd mags. LEOs will not have to comply with that limit once the law is modified so it will not effect them. It is a waste IMO to come out with special mags for one state. Especially when you are a company whom cannot keep up with current demand.

NY got screwed, try to get the law to the supreme courts and thrown out. The NY dictator violated the manditory 3 day review period.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  4. jmb79

jmb79

Sep 27, 2001
    Wyoming
    Could be the law incentivizes Glock to come out with the single stack, compact 9mm and .40 S&W. But probably not.

5. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    Not a chance. I think Glock would rather not sell to NY then to retool. That would be a expensive thing to do. Like stated they can't keep up with current demand & even before this mess they had problems keeping up.

6. crash_gsxr750

crash_gsxr750 Arrows first

Apr 22, 2008
    Nope NY residents either need to over ride stupid law with resolution during the next election

Or leave

7. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Glock shouldn't send another thing to NY. If Glock doesn't tell NYPD that they're on their own and won't receive another thing from Glock, they don't have a hair on their ass. And I guess NYPD now only puts 7 rounds in their magzines right? That is "the law" there now isn't it?

8. Nagoya10

Nagoya10

Feb 28, 2008
    Illinois
    I suppose Glock could redesign the follower to be much taller to limit capacity. That shouldn't be that much problem for them. Would hate to see thousands of new Glock buyers shut out by Marxist knee jerk off liberal politicians.

9. butcher_block

butcher_block

Jul 22, 2007
    as much as i hate the thought of the ban. if it promps glock to make a longer slide for the G36 (making it same weight as a G29) and making the G36L tht can shoot 10mm or 45 acp (wouldnt take mych to make that happen )

then if so inclined you could also shoot 9x25 38super/9x23 with a barrel swap
    if you can only have 7 might as well make them full house

10. thats what NY gets for electing communists...

11. crash_gsxr750

Apr 22, 2008
    I'd be more inclined to see if Rowland can make a conversion kit for it and shoot something really full house

460 Rowland

12. roger123

roger123

Feb 23, 2012
    VA Beach, VA
    It would be my hope that Glock would never sell another thing in NY, including to LE to try and take a take a stand on this.

However, Glock is a company whose mission is to make money. It would probably take a few weeks to design and make a new mag. As an organization whose purpose is to make money why would they take themselves out of a market?

Many people I know have more than one Glock, they also have hats, t-shirts, range bags, etc. Seems like the market would be there for them. Obviously miniscule compared to the whole but a buck is a buck right?

13. Doesn't apply to law enforcement. That's why I can have full capacity magazines in my pistols here in the West Coast People's Republik also. No waiting period either. While I enjoy these "benefits"' I think they should apply to All Californians (and New Yorkers too in this case.). :dunno:

14. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Just got off the phone with Glock customer service. No decision has been made yet with regards to producing NYS compliant magazines. Rep stated there have been NUMEROUS telephone inquiries on this topic. Said to call back in a month or so when they have had time to decide.

15. TFLWYO

TFLWYO

Mar 3, 2002
    Wyoming
    It would be no-brainer to make a 7 round magazine for the G36 and make it the official NY Glock. While they are at it, they could make a 5 round flush fitting magazine to allow them to compete with the XDs without having to make a new gun.

16. butcher_block

butcher_block

Jul 22, 2007
    if they made a long slide and used the G20/21 barrels in the mix they woudl have eazy swap for sales liek the 30s that they jsut sent out
    29and 30 sl and not loose the slide mass that tames the recoil a bit and the G36l is under the 7 round (mayeb even a 7 round 10mm mag woudlnt be that hard to make

17. 19glock11

19glock11

Jan 13, 2013
    East coast Florida
    I think the first man to mold a taller follower that will make a 10 round mag hold only 7 becomes the next millionaire.

18. John_NJ

John_NJ

Jan 15, 2013
    NJ
    I work near the NY NJ border and could have chosen to go and buy a house either way. Thank God I picked the right side. NJ gun laws now seem fair and generous compared to the stupidity in NY.

That said, there is too much potential money sitting on the table for Glock not to make a simple plug for a current 10 round mag and make it into seven.

19. crash_gsxr750

Apr 22, 2008
    What does the law say;

Does it ban anything that can except a mag that holds more than 7 or just ban mags that hold more than 7

One requires gun modification so as to block use of grand fathered high cap mags

The other only needs 7 rounds specific mags

Just thinking out loud

20. butcher_block

butcher_block

Jul 22, 2007
    i am unsure abot the new follower as the law woudl likely state that the round count could not readly be swapped back to full count

it woudl be like having a AR pistol upper (10 inch barrel ) and also having in the house a AR lower and not having an SBR permit (to easy to swap back and forth )