So I'm thinking G39

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Slug71 
#1 ·
Does it REALLY feel like the G26/27?
How comparable is the recoil to a G27?
Also, safe to assume a G39 would fit in a G26/27 leather holster,
with a small bit of streach?

#2 ·
The frame is exactly the same frame. The slide is slightly wider. About the same width as the fattest part of the frame. The GAPs shoot softer than the .40s and not as snappy.
Some holsters may fit, will wait for input from more experienced people with that.

#4 ·
Most leather holsters will stretch to accomodate the 39. I bought a Bianchi Professional clip on for a G26/27 and the gun was a very tight fit but the leather has more than enough give in it and after a couple of days, it was almost like the holster was made for this gun. I picked up a Kramer holster for the 39 and the difference is night and day fitwise. So if you can find the style you want made for the 39, get it. It's worth the wait. Hume makes many of their holsters for the 39.

Kydex won't fit without re-forming, but Blade-tech, I think, includes the 39 on their list. Comp-tac doesn't, but when I made my request for one, they said they were keeping track of requests and, when the had "enough" they would produce holsters for the 39 (they said it involved buying a gun, so I'm thinking they form their holsters with the real thing, not a mold).

#7 ·
Comp-tac doesn't, but when I made my request for one, they said they were keeping track of requests and, when the had "enough" they would produce holsters for the 39 (they said it involved buying a gun, so I'm thinking they form their holsters with the real thing, not a mold).
They have a .45 ACP slide that would work wouldn't it? Since the slide width is the same as a G30/21.

#13 ·
After much hesitation, I purchased a G37, then a G39. Enthusiastic about this 21st Century round - and the 39 a mild (relatively speaking) shooting pistol. Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.