So I'm pretty sure I want a hi point and I don't know why

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Snaps, Dec 27, 2012.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Wait for what PM? Why do you need to wait for any PM at all? Several others at the Black Rifle Subforum have asked for your credentials. Show them, if not to show me.

A lot of braggadocios but no proposed solutions for poor people to get themselves armed and trained? Got it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #161 fnfalman, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude
    Lifetime Member
    1. The Outpost Lounge

Reality speaks louder and walks taller than you. Get in touch.

I own two HPs and have carried them for SD....I can afford other guns...but for what I wanted...they fit the bill...just like someone who can't afford (regardless of what you think folks need or don't need) a Glock, Beretta, S&W etc. Not sure about your section of town, but my area/region, the used 'quality' guns are more than the $300 you quoted earlier....if you can find them.

You are so entertaining!! :supergrin:

:wavey:

red

3. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude
    Lifetime Member
    1. The Outpost Lounge

He doesn't have them......until he goes on the interweb and creates them! :rofl: :animlol:

He needs to check his meter, I'd say he's exceeding the "full of it" amount! :tongueout:

:wavey:

red

#163 redbaron007, Jan 8, 2013
  4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Youths nowadays...what are you gonna do? :dunno:

He'll learn in another decade or two.

5. All that is answered in prior posts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#165 mjkeat, Jan 8, 2013
  6. Fn you've already been outed as a fake by bmoore.

And if you recall I'm the one pushing to make it mandatory to post up credentials in order to post. If I had something to hide why would i do such things? I wouldn't. Still waiting on you fnfal from quite a while ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Who?

Then be the first. Post your credentials. Lead by example, you should know that from your Army experience.

8. raxar

raxar Golliwog

you know, I've been thinking about this for a while, and given that this thread has dragged on I've decided to go with it.

Any time you want to have a postal match between the gun of your choice and one of my hi-points I will be game.

9. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

so that's NOT where that line was heading? Damn I thought I had it

10. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

wait, we're playing the what if thing? WHat if the gun is just to screw around with? EEK!

11. I don't understand this way of thinking. What does your sample of one (1) prove? Nothing other than you got lucky.

Now if you set down w/ 50 hi-points and ran them all in a controlled environment in exactly the same manner, keeping accurate data of the events, then that'll mean something.

Some low round count accuracy test of one (1) handgun proves nothing.

It also does nothing to disprove my earlier stated observations. The 3 hi-points I've come into contact w/ have all been malfunction machines. There's not a single emotional/overly defensive argument that can change that.

You all keep going in circles yet nobody can provide anything of substance.

12. raxar

raxar Golliwog

I have 4, and one stallard which is a pre hi-point-hi-point. Maybe I got lucky 5 times? oh, throw in the jennings 9, which also shoots very well and its 6. or perhaps...

"If the axe is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed, but skill will bring success”

:rofl:

I offer a real world experiment and you call it an "emotional argument". Way to represent! :whistling:

13. Quit feeding the troll.

If you own a functioning hi point, you know it functions. No matter how much the troll says it won't.

You, the owner of that particular gun, know it will fire when called upon.

If you trust that weapon (because it passed your test) no one should change your mind. Who cares what the troll says???
    It's YOUR hi point that works FFS!!!

#173 meathead19, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  14. What does accuracy have to do w/ function? I can have a firearm that malfunctions every other round and still shoot one ragged hole. This conversation was never about accuracy. It was about function.

If you have one that functions that's great. My experience is the complete opposite. There's a reason a lot of gun shops do not sell hi-points.

15. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

No, not at all really, never was. I know because I started it. Conversation was about a cheap toy for random range fun and just for the hell of it because its cheap. Your the only one talking about combat function

16. Exactly, it was just a curiosity thread. People are allowed to buy guns just for the hell of it. It doesn't always need to be about combat or defense.

That's exactly why I bought one. I was curious. Why that's so hard to understand for certain people, I don't know. :dunno:

...not that I ever give two damns about someone else's opinion anyway. I never really have.

17. Back when I first started reading these boards, there was a fellow on "The Firing Line" who absolutly HATED Hi-Points. I figure at some point a Hi-Point took his lunch money, kicked sand in his face, AND stold his best girlfriend or something. Man, he just frothed at the mouth when he cussed Hi-Points. It was almost a religious crusade for him.

Now, you have to understand that at that time I had never heard of Hi-Point but I figured NOTHING could be as bad as he said they were, so I bought one just to see for myself. In MY experience they're not bad at all. I had a lot of fun shooting it.

#177 CajunBass, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  18. They are certainly worlds better than the other new guns in the same price range.

19. raxar

raxar Golliwog

If you're still looking for a hi-point may I suggest

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UToeNXDL9WY"]EXCLUSIVE: 10mm Hi Point Pistol - YouTube[/ame]

I bought a .40 a while back I intend on converting whenever I get around to it.

20. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Finally, got a message on my phone that they got a couple in. One's been put aside for me. I shall have it in the next couple days!!!

Soon to be Hi-Point owner here !

Those of you with the first hand experience and such, thanks for the input. For those who blindly hate 'em, I know a bunch of people who hate those plastic piece of crap glocks too