close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

So I'm minding my own business....

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BamaTrooper, May 17, 2011.

1. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    trying to catch up on paperwork, when dumbasses with warrants start walking in teh door at 8:00am. It hasn't stopped yet and I have only been here an hour.

2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    But they told you the warrants were a mistake didn't they? so why didn't you just go back to your paperwork?

Maybe you should start a new line, Drivers licenses line here, surrendering on warrants line here.

:tongueout::rofl::rofl:

3. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    The guy cuffed in here now has been paying his probation fees, but forgot to pay his court costs and fees. He owes the court $1872.50 and we are waiting for the County SO to come pick him up on the FTA-unlawful manufacture of controlled substance charge.

One thing about working here is the people coming in all fired up and with a chip on both shoulders about how "we" keep them from getting their license and they rant and rave about anything and everything but what they did to get their license taken. When a warrant pops up on them, it makes it really enjoyable.

4. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    I think every cop story I have ever told starts with that line: "So I'm riding around, minding my own business, when..."

:rofl:

5. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    It's nice that you guys actually have law enforcement at the DL station. We don't, and they (the DL station) have no way to check them for warrants. The only good it serves is that the dumb ones (with warrants) can go in and update their address.

6. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Besides, you are a COP! you are not supposed to be minding your own business. You are supposed to be minding other peoples business!

:tongueout::rofl:

7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Here, we have DPS DL offices where you go for testing, reinstatement and 1st time application for (or transfer back to) AL DL or ID. Our system runs an automatic NCIC check. If you go to a probate office or license commssioner (depends on your county) you might get sent to us for a "problem" they can't solve; then you get arrested.

8. Don't you just hate it when people give themselves up / turn themselves in......:rofl:

9. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    NJ
    We check everyone that comes in the door. Can't tell you how many people we've arrested for warrants when they just came in to report a theft.

10. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

No cops in the DL centers here either. At least none in uniform. I highly doubt there are any in plain clothes either. Sure seems like a great idea though.

11. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    At least it came at the start of the shift instead of 10 minutes before you had to leave and had something important to do right after you get off work.

My pet peeve are the people receiving unknown harrassing phone calls for the last month - but they wait until a Friday or Saturday night at 11:00 PM on St. Patrick's day or some other busy holiday to call and report it. You already waited a month to call and report it? Why not wait til Sunday afternoon? I guess you heard my sirens going past your window every 10 minutes so that reminded you to call and report it.

12. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    Sir, please put this shirt on and run around in our parking lot adjacent to the police department. An officer will be out to chase you and subdue you as soon as one is available. Thank you.

[​IMG]

13. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    I actually started a report once with, "There I was minding my own business when..."

It was a joke and I printed it out before submitting it to have it before changing it but since the printer was being goofy as usual a few extra copies ended up on the printer and people thought I had submitted it that way.

14. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    Exactly how Ohio does it. No cops in the local offices, state cops in the main state office.

15. trdvet

trdvet

Oct 2, 2004
    Yep

"I just paid them dems warrants Ofasa! I swear!"

" My lawyer said he done took care of dem!"

"I just got out of jail!"

16. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    You forgot: "I got the paperwork to prove I took care of that with me..." and then they either hand you a Snickers wrapper, or they follow up after some searching around with "Damn, I left them at my baby mama's house..."

17. trdvet

trdvet

Oct 2, 2004
    How could I forget. Usually they want to call Pookie and tell him to go over to Ray Ray's house to grab this "paperwork". They can never find the stuff though, weird.

18. EOD3

EOD3

Oct 19, 2000
    Indiana
    Seems a little disturbing that every "Mean ole po-po" story you hear starts the same way. :rofl: :embarassed:

19. Dear god that annoys me beyond belief. Or my new favorite, they want to report a harassment because they got into a facebook fight with their "former bff" over some stupid juvenile nonsense and "want to document it." :steamed::steamed::steamed: Oh, and they're in their 20's or 30's. :steamed::steamed::steamed: