close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

So...I bought an m&p9c

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ravancal, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ravancal

ravancal

Sep 15, 2012
    Yeah....I did it...

And I'm pretty freaking happy about it! Other than the gritty trigger, but I tried another one that my lgs had in stock and it was gritty too. I'm told that it will smoothen out with shooting and if I really get tired of it I'll get the Apex kit put in.

Otherwise...it's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. A compact 9mm that has a big brother whose mags I can pop into it. Pointed very well for me and the mag release was much more positive than any glocks I've handled. Still not as crisp a release as I'd like, but then again I'm spoiled by Sig and Kimber mag releases...they're just so crisp and positive.

2. Glock40man

Glock40man

Feb 1, 2011
    The Midwest
    Congrats!:cool: The stock trigger does leave a bit to be desired but, you can get used to it.

3. My experience with 3 different M&Ps is that the triggers greatly improve over the first 500 rounds and continue to improve.

4. TheJ

TheJ NRA Life Member Lifetime Member

Jan 24, 2011
    GA
  5. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    Congrats! I put an Apex Hard sear in my FS M&P and polished/rounded the striker block myself which greatly improved the pull and smoothed everything out.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    M&P9c is my EDC now. It's just the right size and weight. The trigger is a total non-issue for me.

The grittiness on my M&P 45c smoothed out a lot over the first few hundred rounds but it was worse than the 9c from the get-go.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  7. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

Aug 22, 2009
    With the Apex trigger the gun becomes probably the best compact, polymer carry gun around. It's that good! Mines on my hip right now.

8. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    My M&P9c has a pretty decent trigger right out of the box. I'm a fan of the Apex kits and have them in my other M&P's. Congrats on your M&P9c, and I'm sure that it will treat you well.

9. LabTech

LabTech Village Jackass

May 23, 2005
    Scenic southeast Ohio
    The M&P9c and The Shield are my two favorite carry guns. Congrats!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  10. I also have an M&P 9c and it sees a lot of time on my hip as my EDC. The only mod I made was to remove the amidextrous thumb safety (which only took about 10 minutes). I only did this because I am not a fan of thumb safeties, and the gun would not fit in my Galco shoulder holster with the safety still in place. And FWIW the trigger is pretty smooth after almost 1000 rounds.

11. I don't own one anymore, but the one I did own was scary accurate