So firearms companies are screwing cops..

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by FiremanMike, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1. Because they enforce them.
    2. Because their political groups support them.
    3. They appear for photo ops with politicians who do write the laws.
    4. They should not be above the laws they enforce.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Yes.

3. BobbyS

BobbyS You Talkin ToMe

4. I agree and most leo I know do support gun rights because they cannot do the job alone.
  5. Exactly!

And that's why We as civilians need these weapons. The same weapons that the LEO believe that they need for self defense. I have yet had an LEO show up at the same time I was being robbed. EVER. Seems the Victim is always there first. So why should the LEO have precedence over the people when it comes to the right of self defense? :dunno:

Me personally, I prefer to shoot it out, and call the cops after to cover my but. (Been barked at by a female officer, because she said if I'm the victim, then why didn't I call the cops!?..) I'm getting old. I'm tired, and I'm cranky. If I get shot, I could use the rest...
    #205 GunHo198, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  6. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Curious, have you heard anyone in this thread say that private citizens DON'T deserve or need the weapons in question?

Heck, I'm still waiting on those posts where a LEO on this forum said he'd come for your guns and there's nothing you could do to stop him.
    #206 msu_grad_121, Feb 19, 2013
  7. I'm coming for your guns and there is nothing you can do to stop me ...

8. I tried to find them, but I'm not going through every post in every thread since Sandy Hook to find them. If I could, I would point out the Troll that posted it. But I'm not because I can't find it. It may have been edited. Who knows. But it was there.

As for the other? The OP is complaining that he is being held to the same standards as the civilians in his state. Same as I posted above, that the LEO should not have precedence over the People's right to self defense, as we, the victims are on the crime scene first.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  9. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sigh... There's always a joker in the crowd! LOL

So what you're saying is that we have no proof it was said? Not to put too fine a point on it...
  10. Point: I'm not digging through several months of posts to find it. Hindsight? I should have quoted him in my sig line for all to see.

Take it as a grain of salt. I don't care. :cool:
  11. 4teecal

4teecal Token Aussie.

God Im glad I live in somewhere other than the US.

Thankfully all us Jackbooted thugs can have guns that the public cant have.
    #211 4teecal, Feb 19, 2013
  12. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Again you have no answer.
  13. Borg

Spikes joined the fight,

Also, Magpul put a full page at in the Colorado papers saying they would leave CO if laws passed. They put it out there that about 300+ jobs would go with the move if it happens.
  14. RussP

You began with "BAD LEO's," plural, meaning more than one LEO.

You continue with more words meaning more than one, them, posts, them a couple more times.

Then you say "the Troll", then "him". So it was one person and one post you should have quoted in your sigline.

If you use the search feature, and search using the guy's user name, his last 200 posts will come up. You should find what you want that way.

I'm glad to hear it was just one person. I'm not up to opening a can of whoop ass on a bunch of these cops. That's hard work...

Do the search. Get back to us...
  15. I had a co-worker entertain the idea of purchasing one once the hype started. I threw up in my mouth :ack:
  16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Yes, I know what the military does and what police do. What does that have to do with being a civilian? The military definition notwithstanding, your fight is with Merriam Webster. Why don't you tell them to change it?

From what I know about dictionaries, they do serious studies on words and meanings constantly to update their product to make sure they have accurate meanings to words in their products. Based on their years of experience and expertise in knowing what words mean and that they have an international reputation that is long-standing, I will take their word over yours.

We say civvies all the time when you change out of uniform.

Some cops own camo for duty too. Doesn't mean jack. Some military wear uniforms similar to cops, like the working khakis for navy. Don't make a difference one bit.

I like using citizen... but in SoCal, that is not applicable to a lot of contacts in most of the areas I worked.:supergrin:

Skell, knucklehead, dope, idiot, Adam Henry, etc.

Nice to be able to pick and choose what facts to acknowledge, eh?

Ouch. Now you are bringing logical arguments into bear? You really want to win this fight, eh?

Actually, LAPD was a test case in CA where they made recruits sign 5 year contracts and if they break it, they needed to pay back the cost of training. Well, a few quit and went to smaller and better paying agencies, LAPD sued, and lost.

Court's ruling here was that the 13th Amendment forbids forced labor, being akin to slavery. If someone does not want to work for you, you cannot force them to stay in the employment relationship. Now, you might be able to recoup costs if you have liquidated damages stipulated beforehand with enough specificity, but they also lost on that count. Maybe the judge just was anti-LAPD?

As for preventing them from working in LE until the debt is paid? How would you even enforce that unless POST pulls their certification until paid and I doubt that is even legal. Now an agency might use that as a consideration in hiring, but as I said, here, those guys already got jobs and didn't have to worry. Made for bad relations for a while with LAPD and that agency, but hey, it happened.

Only if you make an appointment and wear a hat.
  17. I'll take their guns, well as long as they're quality :rofl:
  18. I AM THE LAW!

Gotta love Dredd
  19. Actually, military members can get out before their time is up, and still get honorable discharges from it. Pretty sure they don't advertise that fact, but my platoon sergeant even had a quote hanging in his office about it. I don't recall the general it was from, and the quote is paraphrased, but it was something along the lines of:

"We are a volunteer service. If someone doesn't meet our standards, we thank them politely for trying and send the home."

It's not exactly the same as giving two weeks notice at the office, but it's hardly unheard of.
  20. marv

Millennium Member

I am not LEO nor am I affiliated with the firearms industry except for being a bonafide gun nut. I believe that this is their way of getting the undivided attention of the legislature in hope lf gaining change/repeal of their new draconian gun laws.