close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

So about the whole "Constitution lovers are domestic terrorist's" thing

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Mr.Pliskin, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Mr.Pliskin

Mr.Pliskin

Apr 10, 2009
    TX
    In two locations when getting on wi-fy on my Iphone I noticed an interesting hotspot. Today I got a screen shot of it. This is of course the work of the federal government

[​IMG]

RUN!!!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!

2. racerford

racerford

Apr 22, 2003
    DFW area
    Wow!, either that is a joke name or the FBI needs to fire their IT guys. They should not be broadcasting their network information. Heck you shouldn't even do it at home.

Wireless security 101.

3. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Aug 18, 2010
    TX
    Hahaha, I know a lot of people that do that.

4. My home network shows up as "CIA Remote Monitor Station 12"

:cool:

Freaked out my buddy when we went "N" and it would just reach his house (right at 1000 ft).. his phone would see it, but then drop it.. then see it.. then drop it..

He was sure the .gov was watching him..

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  5. LongGun1

LongGun1 StraightShooter

:laughabove: :rofl: :supergrin:

6. rauldduke1979

rauldduke1979

Nov 9, 2008
    :rofl::rofl:

:supergrin:

Ironically, he probably went around telling people "the CIA is watching me" and now the Feds have him on a watch list.

7. I can't get mine past 60 feet on N. I even tried a new router and all the channels.

8. 98LS-WON

98LS-WON

Dec 20, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    HAHAHA! My wife made me name our Wireless Router "FBI Surveillance Van 1" because she thought it would be fun to mess w/ the neighbors. Thanks for the laugh!

9. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    I know its a joke, but I would not put it pass the FBI to be that stupid!

10. Toyman

Toyman

May 6, 2003
    West Michigan
    My brother in law lives on the edge of the ghetto, the house across the street is always selling drugs. He set his wireless to MHPD.

11. We have ours on the second floor, nothing around it, house is standard frame construction. We get fair signal over about 3/4's of our property most of the time, about, say 7 acres with wifi coverage.. you can sometimes pick it up a bit further out, like my buddy, (he is the nearest house), but it won't connect. On "G" we could/would go only about 175-200 feet from the house.

We have this one..

12. CigarandScotch

CigarandScotch Fartacus

Sep 22, 2011
    Naw Cackalacky
    I named mine "Try and hack this"...when I got home the next evening the name had been changed to "Challenge accepted"

(no, not really):supergrin:

13. Our old router at our old house performed like yours. Our current place is just down the street from a cell tower and a few radio towers that I think are causing the trouble. I've had days where I could barely connect 5 feet from the router.

CigarandScotch, that is just funny.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  14. xXGearheadXx

xXGearheadXx

Aug 3, 2011
    Knoxville TN
    Mine is "buy me beer u get password".

Everyone seems to think i'm joking...

15. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I forget how far they can reach; but I though I remember a story where a couple of tech nerds used Pringles cans with the ends cut out to direct a signal something like 1/8-3/8's of a mile?

When I used to live across the street from my brother I used his wireless all the time. Some days it was a little choppy but for the 5 years we lived across the street from each other I had free internet service.