So a double barrel isn't good enough for ya

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Bullman, Apr 20, 2013.

1. I just watched a youtube video from the SHOT show media day. Over the sound of rounds hitting steel I could hear the dude say there was en ejector model coming.

He did say MSRP was "1629." I hope that was in pesos or lira.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

takes a lot of tech to get three barrels to shoot straight on the same gun I guess.

3. It's interesting
    I look forward to seeing one at the next gun show

4. +1 can't see if your just firing one at a time might as well use a semi auto with eight round extended magazine.

#44 retired guard, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  5. Like it, but if ur gona go three, then why not go four.

6. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Weight. I imagine this thing is probably approaching nose heavy now, it won't get any better with another barrel out there.

7. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

hearing horrible things about durability and reliability, or the complete lack of....

8. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

i would like to see a sawn off version, sawn off doubles are cool, so guessing a triple would be :)

9. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

So...

is it an over/under,

or...

a side/by side?

Or both?

10. I actually saw one of these today. I thought it would be really nose heavy, also, but wasn't as bad as I thought. It had very nice wood.....curly walnut. I didn't price it because I wasn't interested in buying.

11. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Kinda both

We need to get together for a Friday or Saturday trip to the range now that I can do that

12. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Yes.

I have a new rifle I'm working on, a, FNAR

Also, there are two GSSF shoots coming up in Beckley. An indoor and an outdoor.

[​IMG]

13. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Get me some dates on those shoots, and I will see if I can make it. Right now my weekends are wide open. I did make an offer to the chief to work some weekends for them if they needed a hand while they get some new guys up and running. but the sheriff would have to approve it, don't know if he will.

14. Someone who doesn't like them new-fangled "pump" shotguns. "Cain't trust them dadgurn things. They gots too many movin' parts!"

ETA: Heh, you know, with the single trigger, firing in sequence, I don't think they're even picking up much reliability over a pump. The cam for switching between barrels adds complexity, and if any part of the trigger assembly fails, the whole gun fails.

With my old rabbit-eared coachgun, the two sides have almost complete parallel sets of moving parts from trigger to sear to spring to hammer to pin. If one side failed, you could battle on (against the Injuns attacking your stage coach, I presume) with your single barrel! :)

#54 cloudbuster, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  15. That's what I was thinking.

16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That shotgun makes absolutely no sense to me. Double barrelled self-defense shotguns are, best I can tell, only bought by people who think they look cool. A triple barrel doesn't have the cowboy look, so why on earth would anybody want it?

17. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Well, I do have a double barrel that I can take with me just about anywhere and no one is the wiser that I have a shotgun with me. I am working on a pump that I can do that with.

18. Got pictures of it Bullman? Thanks

19. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

The double barrel or the pump?

20. Not everybody wants to be a mall ninja.

Sent from my iPhone4S
    using Tapatalk