close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Snipers killed pirates and rescued captain

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Poodle, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Poodle

Poodle

Jul 4, 2006
    At least one good news.

MANAMA, Bahrain (CNN) — Navy snipers opened fire on pirates holding an American cargo-ship captain hostage after seeing that one of the pirates “had an AK 47 leveled at the captain’s back,” a military official said Sunday.

Three pirates were killed and the captain was rescued uninjured, Navy Vice Adm. Bill Gortney told reporters.

Capt. Richard Phillips — who had been held hostage by four pirates since they attacked his ship, the Maersk Alabama, on Wednesday — was “resting comfortably” on the USS Boxer following his rescue Sunday night, according to the Navy.

Phillips contacted his family and received a routine medical exam after his rescue at 7:19 p.m. (12:19 p.m. ET), the Navy Central Command said.

“The captain is in good health. He’s showered up and in a clean set of clothes,” Gortney said in a telephone news conference from Navy Central Command in Bahrain.

Wanted to go to sniper school but the Marine sniper told me that civilians are not allowed. Shooting from 500 meters up is no longer self defense, it seems. Still, it would be nice if I could hit man sized paper targets at 500 meters.

2. hannibal357

hannibal357

Mar 7, 2009
    I saw this on Fox news just this morning.
    The Navy seal snipers were flown in from somewhere and dropped by parachute to get to the Navy destroyer operating near Somalia.
    The 3 snipers shot and killed 3 Somali pirates simultaneously, while perched on a bobbing ship.
    Just another day at the office for these guys...

3. I wonder if they're already negotiating with him for the movie rights? :)

4. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    An update here by the US military was that just parts of the kidnappers bodies were showing, and it also showed that an AK was pointed at the captain's head.

The ground commanders gave the green light to the snipers. They took out three; captured another one.

Obama gave the rescuers the authorization to rescue the hostage.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  5. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    somali pirates are like the abu's hindi nauubos

6. gundog

gundog senior gunner

Jan 12, 2005
    QC

7. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines

8. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home

9. baka pag-initan nila yung mga iba pa nilang hostages. i heard that they still have a lot of them including 23 filipino seamen according to the news. sana we have some elite filipino commandos who can find them and rescue them as well.

10. ess45

ess45

Nov 17, 2006
    Kaya nga nagprapractice na sa Airsoft ang mga Band of Glockers natin.

11. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle

Mar 2, 2008
    I wonder how things would be if the Abu's kidnapped a US citizen and the Americans were given a free hand to reslove it...

12. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    Malamang wala pa rin
    I dont think it fighting them thats the problerm
    Ang hirap nila hanapin sa gubat
    Search nyo sa youtube yung pag rescue kay Burnham sa History channel
    May naka abang ng us seal teams sa perimeter just in case makatakas si Sabaya dun sa boat ng marines

13. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    What was the rifle used by the SEALS?

14. edtf

edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    QC
    yeah!!! I want to know too plus what was the distance?

15. they might have called in THE UNIT of jonas blane... hahaha :)

16. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    large caliber malamang.

17. nelany

nelany

Nov 25, 2006
    Phil
    The news say that it is a gyro equip rifle kaya fix on target maski gumagalaw yung battleship.