close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SnapSafe, any opinions?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Grayson, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Grayson

Grayson
    Expand Collapse

http://www.snapsafe.com/

Decent stats for the price, I really like the "one-man" option of being able to set it up and move it, even in tight spaces.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

3. harlenm

harlenm
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

for the price, i'd rather just buy a regular safe from cabelas.

4. Kevinr20

Kevinr20
    Expand Collapse

After watching the video, all it is, is a thin metal walled gun cabinet similar to the cheap "stack-on" cabinets with a heavy 90 pound safe door.

So it looks like a real safe and has a real safe door but the rest is just thin metal with fireproofing insulation? What prevents someone from just cutting through the side or rear?

Am I missing something here?

5. stolenphot0

stolenphot0
    Expand Collapse
    RTF2 Addict

Just bring a cordless sawzall and go to town.

6. cbthedookie

cbthedookie
    Expand Collapse

I bought a new (non modular) safe recently. At the end of the day, I became increasingly convinced that even a 10ga box could be easily compromised with simple tools (eg a reciprocating saw and a few blades). On the ca gun owner forum, there were pics of a higher end browning that looked like it had been peeled open like a can of sardines.

My point? I think all RSCs provide a very modest level of protection, be it these or the highly recommended concrete lined amsec BF series. It may take 5 minutes vs 20 minutes to cut into, but if someone breaks into your home and you aren't there, probably won't make a difference.

I stayed away from the modulars (Dakota, snap safe) as they felt cheaply constructed and finished. But I also spent less than I expected for my rsc based on my local crime rates at the fact that I don't have "heirlooms" I'm protecting.

Good luck in choosing what is right for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou
    Expand Collapse

Hide them wherever the voices say to.

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak
    Expand Collapse
    KO Windows

I'd not seen any previous threads on this, but it's certainly an interesting idea... but I agree w/ harlenm. I was expecting some big discount over other safes because it had to be "assembled"... but their smallest safe is a little over 1k w/ shipping. I guess if the ability to disassemble it is really that important, it might be ok.

Be easier to just go to Dick's, Gander Mountain, or Cabelas, and get a safe in your price range.