close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Snap caps in my 340PD--needed ?

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by Glockbuster, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Glockbuster

Glockbuster

Jun 30, 2005
    Middle America
    My snap caps are sending small particles of brass all over after being hammered on while dry-firing. At this point I would rather go without them because some of these particles might get inside the revolver.

My question is: Are they really needed to prevent damage while dry firing ?, I had heard this was only so on .22 revolvers.

2. 38Mike

38Mike

Mar 27, 2004
    Kansas
    I know this is not a very technical answer but, I just feel better knowing that my firing pin is landing on something. I dry fire the heck out of my 442 and wife's 360 and use A-Zoom snap caps. Might give those a try; run you about 16 bucks for 6 of them. They would at least take care of the brass residue.

Mike

3. 1 old 0311

1 old 0311

Jan 2, 2006
    Planet Earth
    I have been dry firing centerfire revolvers WITHOUT snap caps for 30 years. No problems. I don't dry fire .22's for the same reason you stated. They MAY cause damage.

4. Chup

Chup

Feb 11, 2008
    N. Ohio
    Smith & Wesson says on their Web Site and in my 442 Owners Manual that it is OK to dry fire.