close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snakes with legs and dolphins with 4 flippers.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Gunhaver, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

2. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

3. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

So a tornado went through the Boeing junkyard and a lizard missing three legs is all it could throw together?

Evolution is so dumb.

[​IMG]

:tbo:

4. Woofie

5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I'm not sure if you are joking, or if you really didn't understand the significance of gunhaver's post.:dunno:

6. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

He was just joking. I laughed.

7. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

In the snake picture it actually looks like the snake ate some lizard and the lizard's foot poked out of its stomach.

8. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

It's possible, hard to say for sure without looking at it in person but snakes do show up with little mutant feet from time to time.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xH7y99pY6...th+leg+Claws+4+my-bestphotos.blogspot.com.jpg

There are many, many in between stages. Lizards with no front legs, lizards with no back legs, lizards with no legs at all and snakes with tiny leg remnants. You have to look at the eyes and tongue to know if it's a snake or lizard sometimes. That's all evidence of evolution until the goalposts are pulled back.

9. Woofie

I don't have time to read back over the article, but it seems like I remember it being said that the snake used the leg to hang on the wall. I got the impression that the leg was functional.

10. Woofie

It was a joke.

11. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

It's sad that there is a place where Woofie's statement could be mistaken for genuine.

12. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

I'm perfectly willing to admit that that may be a lizard leg poking out. Can't say for sure it isn't and the accounts from the old woman are as good as the photo. It'll be interesting what the autopsy shows. For now interesting that the leg seems to have the same marking as the rest of the snake.

But if anybody doesn't like the snake evidence feel free to focus on the dolphin. If dolphins were created in their current form by god then why would he include latent genetic information for fully functional rear flippers?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2C-3PjNGok"]Whale evolution - YouTube[/ame]

And if you don't like that then you can always think about the fact that human embryos have gills and tails until they are developed away. Where did that information come from?

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I didn't think he was one of the nuts, but that statement wouldn't surprise me here, if it was serious.

14. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

The story and picture may not even be related. The story takes place somewhere in china.

I know snake and lizard mutations occur. Just saying this one looks like he ate something.

15. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

That is one of the few things we can agree on.

16. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

C'mon Gunhaver...

'Intelligent Design' has an answer for any evolutionary question you might ask.

Question: "Why did God make whales with vestigial leg bones?"
    Answer: "Because he did."

17. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Why do you have nipples?

18. Altaris

Altaris

Gunhaver, I know you mentioned previously liking biology. This series "Inside Nature's Giants" would probably be one you would enjoy. There are more episodes on the side bar.

Right after the 44min mark they show the legs in the dead whale as well, and how they still haven't fully gone away. For those that don't want to watch the whole thing, this was a beached whale that they tried to dissect before the tides washed it away.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKzeorIrSKU"]Inside Nature's Giants Episode 2/17 The Fin Whale (Channel 4) - YouTube[/ame]

19. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Because my embryo started out as female, then androgenic hormones caused my internal and external reproductive organs to develop into male parts. The nipple remained (without functional secretory glands) the same way my foreskin remained without a clitoral sheath.

20. Altaris

Altaris

As embryos men and women have similar tissues and body parts. If anything the embryo follows a 'female template'. That is why nipples are present in both sexes. It is the effect of the genes, the Y chromosome and the hormone testosterone that brings about the changes and masculinises the embryo. Testosterone promotes the growth of the ***** and testicles. Because nipples are there before this process begins the nipples stay.

Nipples and breast tissue have no function as such except for perhaps protecting the heart and lungs from injury.

Male Breasts Can Produce Milk and Get Breast Cancer
    A certain level of the female hormone estrogen is present in all men. If, as a result of disease or a condition affecting hormones, breast tissue in men can grow (gynecomastia- abnormal enlargement of breasts,) and men can produce milk.