close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Snagged me a NEW Full Rail TRP Operator

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Shipwreck-The-Sequel, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Well, today I snagged me a NEW 45 ACP Full Rail TRP Operator!

Springfield just ran a limited run of the full rail operators... Most are going to California, to fullfill orders there (the full rail is on the approved CA list - so they are pretty sought after there).

They are filling orders placed by shops that are over 2 years old... My shop has several on order, but they managed to get just the 1 for now. It came in today and they called me...

I have it on lay-a-way right now, as I didn't expect it to come in this soon.

Anyway, I'll soon have a TRP Full Rail to go with my 9mm Custom Shop Full Rail :)

I may use this as a carry gun eventually. I'll probably get some Nighthawk adjustible sights (with white around the tritium) after I pay it off, and maybe a trigger job :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
  3. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    congrats!! You should feel lucky. SA's are tough guns to get.

4. +1
    Well someone has to do it.:tongueout:
    :needspics:

5. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Well, I'll probably have it in hand in 3 months. I'm still paying off the Beretta 92 I just picked up 2 weeks ago... I figured it would be a while before this came in, as the shop has been waiting 2 years for their order to be filed.

Anyway - not a mark on it. Comes with 2 sets of grips. And, 2 nice mags. They seem different than the other springer mags I have seen in the past.

Anyway - I have no pics yet, as the gun is on hold with a lay-a-way deposit.

I know the guys up at the shop very well. he stated that people have been asking him about these guns for a long time. But, he liked me best, and told me not to worry, he'd hold it for me when it came in.

I got an email today and went on the way home from work.

6. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Nice!!!

I wish they would make a run of Loaded full rail.

7. Greyhoundman

Greyhoundman

Nov 21, 2010
    Ofallon, Mo
    Don't they do full rail SACS guns on a custom order basis?.....Next question would be how much would it cost?

8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    they do, but those would be close to $3000

there's a full rail TRP that someone in CA was looking to buy NIB for $1800

9. Wade-19

Wade-19

Sep 24, 2007
    St. Louis
    Gongrat ! I really like the looks of the full rail guns. I drool everytime you post a pic of the 9mm custom.

10. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Yes, I have one in 9mm. Base price in 2008 was $2600 in 45 ACP with a bushing barrel.

Mine was $2990, but the MSRP was about $3200

Here:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  11. Man that thing is sweet.

12. youngAR

youngAR

Dec 4, 2010
    DFW, TX
    Yes! That would be my ideal duty weapon. I'd put one on lay-a-way in a heartbeat!

13. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA MEMBER

Dec 19, 2007
    SECONUS in HARD TARGET
    Makes me wish I had bought that railed pro a couple weeks ago. Congrats..and yes Q I remember what it looks like:postingqueen:

14. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Haha, thanks. It really does look sweet.

15. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Congrats, I sold mine quite a while ago and I've missed it ever since. One of the softest shooting and most accurate production 1911s I've ever owned. [​IMG]

Post pics when you get it.

16. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Great looking blaster..........except the adjustable sight. WTF. :shakehead:

17. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Well, I do wish it was fixed sights. But, while mine is in 9mm, I'd really love to have one in 45 ACP. I would admittedly like another Custom Shop Springer one, but I don't feel like waiting 1 year and paying $3k again. So, this is a good compromise.

I do hate the silver rings around the tritium that Springfield uses, but Nighthawk sells the adjustable sights that they put on the Dominator. At some point, I will probably get these put on.

I saw TRP Fullrail Operator in 2003 or 2004, and I came SO close to buying it. I regretted not buying it all these years later. When I was deciding what custom/semi custom to buy - I knew I had to get a Custom Shop one as soon as I saw it in their Custom Shop catalog.

Yes, when I get it in hand, I plan to takes pics of both of them together :)