close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

smooth triggers

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ken grant, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ken grant

ken grant

I have been having a problem shooting to the left with a couple of my compacts and sub-compacs but not all of them.

With my full size and compacts & sub-contacts with smooth triggers I have no problems.

Found out by installing smooth triggers in the ones I was shooting left with I cured the problem. Now the only one left without a smooth trigger is my G30.

My question is
    Will a 21 trigger bar fit my 30? I searched and didn't find the answer.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Answer is usually yes. If your 30 has a "-1-" trigger bar you might have a functioning problem, and you might not.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Yes a G21 trigger assy will fit

4. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

I'm pretty sure that the smooth trigger will replace the serrated one as long as the gun is in the same "family" 9mm, .40, etc. I replaced the serrated ones with smooth ones in my G19 and G26 with the replacement part for the G17, which is the smooth one OEM.

5. CATATOMIC

CATATOMIC

The compacts are my favorite size Glock and I always install a smooth trigger. I even have a smooth trigger in my G27.

6. ken grant

ken grant

I have installed smooth triggers in my 19,23,26 &27.
    Only my 30 has been left hanging but that will be taken care of with my next parts order.

7. sharkbait22

sharkbait22

Can someone aware me on the "smooth triggers" is this an aftermarket brand name? How does it effect the reliability?

8. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

The compact and sub-compact models come with a serrated trigger pad to gain extra "ATF import points" so that they can legally be imported. The full size models use a smooth trigger pad. With most of the Glock models, the trigger bar is the exact same part, only the trigger pad is different, so you can use a trigger bar from one of the full size models in your compact or sub-compact so that you can have the smooth trigger pad.

[​IMG]

With the G30, it currently uses a 4256-1- trigger bar that was made to sit a little bit lower in the gun to help alleviate the failure to return to battery problems that the SF models and even some of the regular models had. Before that trigger bar, they used the 4256-1 trigger bar, the same as the G21. Most G30's can use the 4256-1 trigger bar from the G21 with no problem, but a small percentage may experience failure to return to battery problems and require use of the 4256-1- trigger bar.

G19's with a two-letter serial number prefix that is alphabetically before "EH" must use "pre-EH G19 trigger bars" that have a + marking on the cruciform. There is no smooth-trigger trigger bar for them. G36's use their own unique trigger bar as well, and there's no smooth trigger option for them. Some people have taken the trigger pad off of the trigger bars to swap a smooth trigger pad onto one of those trigger bars, it involves cutting or melting a hole into the trigger pad on the opposite side of the metal pin in the trigger pad, pushing the pin out, then swapping the trigger pads and sealing up the opposite side of the trigger pad with epoxy with care not to let the epoxy get too deep and freeze the trigger pad in place on the trigger bar.

Besides those, the 19,23,26,27,32,33,38,39 can use trigger bars from their full size counterparts that have the smooth trigger pad.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  9. sharkbait22

sharkbait22

Wow thank brother for the thorough response. I'm never amazed by how much I don't know about guns!

10. barth

barth six barrels

+1.
    Didn't even notice the factory trigger till I read folks here making the change.
    Put one on my G27 and it's amazing the difference little things make - LOL!

I've learned so much about Glocks from GlockTalk.
    Particularly, part comparability across models.
    This is really a great place with boatloads of valuable info.

Not to mention good folks

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  11. abq87120

abq87120

My G23 would pinch my trigger finger. I put in the smooth trigger and problem solved.

12. iDivideByZero

iDivideByZero Padawan

[​IMG]

I'm sick of pinched trigger finger from my G26 Gen 4, so I ordered the smooth trigger from Ghost Inc. (factory part). If this doesn't fix the problem, then I guess I'll have to develop man hands and stop being such a little ***** ...

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  13. iDivideByZero

iDivideByZero Padawan

And installed:

[​IMG]

Hopefully the smooth trigger helps keep my trigger finger happy. Thanks GT!

14. hearsedriver

hearsedriver

So...am I to understand that a smooth trigger from a 17 will fit my 26? Mine is Gen 4. Does the trigger bar nned to be from a Gen 4 17? I also prefer the smooth trigger.

15. iDivideByZero

iDivideByZero Padawan

The part I received from Ghost Inc. says "Gen 1-4," and yes the trigger is the same for the 17 and 26.