Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Smith & Wesson Sigma 40 S&W Review

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by plouffedaddy, Mar 7, 2013.

1. tuica

Apr 28, 2009
    I own six Glocks, but still really like my Sigma! Gotta keep an open mind and appreciate each design for its own merits! Cheers.
  2. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    Very true.

If not for doing that I would never have bought anything but M1911's.

3. glock_collector

Dec 23, 2011
    First poly I owned was a sigma, not perfect but very reliable. I shot probably 6k rounds thru it, NEVER ever cleaned it and still sold the thing for more than I paid...
  4. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    I always liked their ergo's except the trigger- which wasn't especially bad on the newer models.
  5. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    I have a NIB SD9VE that's sitting at my FFL that I do transfers through, although he's dragging his heels to call me about when I can pick it up. I already have 4 extra mags and an Apex spring kit waiting since it brings the pull down from 8lbs to 5.5-6lbs which is a lot closer to a duty trigger pull.

I basically wanted something like Glock, but with a regular grip angle, no finger grooves and a lot cheaper in price. IMO, some poly guns are way too expensive considering half the gun is just some poly plastic injected into a mold.
  6. WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    That's why everyone is jumping into the poly-gun market. Massive profits. Honestly, the slide and barrel are the only substantial parts on one. Other than my Steyr, I don't have a poly gun that looks like it's made out of anything other than a few leftover toaster parts.
  7. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    I hear you on that. Cutting the cost of material, machinery, tooling, cooling solution, programming and time should cut the costs dramatically. I like poly guns like the XD/M/S, M&P and so forth, but $300 is what most of these guns should be costing, $400 for the higher end ones.

Either way, I'm looking forward to my new SD9VE as an inexpensive do-whatever gun.