close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

smelly!

Discussion in 'Military Surplus Forum' started by Eyescream, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Jan 15, 2002
    I picked this up last Friday, and just finished putting it back together after cleaning up the wood and refinishing it (in a small way) with boiled linseed oil.

It's a No4 Mk1 from Maltby, made in 1943, and once I got it cleaned up I was pleasantly surprised to find that the bore's really shiny and the rifling looks good and sharp. Maybe I got one that had been carried much and shot little.

I'm not going to clean up the metal for the same reason that I didn't steam the dents and gouges out of the stock. I like that it's got a little character, and it's a shooter. Not a safe queen.

Anyway, enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know they stopped doing unit buttons on these a long time before mine was even produced, but I'd be really interested if anybody's got information on how I can find out what unit it was issued to.

2. pokey074

pokey074 The F.O. Man

Oct 2, 2001
    South Dakota
    My favorite bolt action rifle and, in my opinion, the best bolt action military rifle ever designed.

3. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Very cool, just needs a Nascar sticker.

4. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Jan 15, 2002
    Maybe I could get a stock like this that I saw at Gander Mountain.

[​IMG]

5. BWT

BWT

Apr 27, 2010
    USA
    Very nice! About what are they running these days?

6. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Jan 15, 2002