Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Smashed Polymer Tips from rifle magazine

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by doverpack12, Aug 23, 2012.

1. doverpack12

Jul 24, 2012

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can eliminate the problem of my rifle smashing polymer tips in my magazine from shot recoil. I shoot a 30-06 Winchester Model 70. I have called winchester and they had me replace the follower and magazine spring and i think that helped some. The tips are still being smashed but not near as bad. I have been working on a solution to this problem for years and have shot flat nose bullets which fixed the problem but i really like the e-tips and would like to continue to use them. Nosler has told me a smashed tip will not affect accuracy out to about 300 yards. I do not plan on taking a shot over that distance but in the event i need to i would like to have confidence my bullet will go where i aim. When smashed the tips have a flat part where the plint was and the entire end balls up about half way back along the polymer tip. ​
  2. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    In heavy recoiling rifles they used to put a shoulder in the mag to prevent setback, but I think the company is correct about the effect. Shoot a few at distance on paper and see if they know what they are talking about

3. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    You won't like this answer, but load them one at a time.