close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Small Town Living

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Glockrunner, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Sep 10, 2001
    SC
    I had just moved from an apartment to a house in the same small town.

One day at the grocery store, I used the last of my personalized checks bearing my old address.

The cashier examined the document and asked if everything on it was correct. I assured her that it was, and she started to put the check in the cash drawer. But then she inquired again if everything was accurate.

"Why do you ask?" I responded.

"Because," she replied, "my husband and I moved to this apartment yesterday, and I don't remember seeing you at breakfast."

2. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Jan 31, 1999
    Montanuh
    The other day my wife and I were driving around Walla Walla. The subject turned to one of my daughter's friends. No later did we say her name and she walked out of Blockbuster right in front of us.

This doesn't happen in Portland.

3. Edge

Edge Millennium Member

Jan 4, 1999
    I've got one too. The other day at lunch time I called in my order at a Pizza Hut, gave them my phone number and last name. I was pretty busy so one of my coworkers (of 62 or so) drove by to pick it up. They gave her my order and correct change without her saying a word. Neither of us eat there that often either... We both laughed about it.

4. MooseJaw

MooseJaw NRA Lifer Silver Member CLM

Feb 12, 2002
    AridZona
    The Pizza story reminded me..

Doncha think it's amazing that all ya gotta do any more is just call the Pizza place.. their phone caller ID system identifies who you are.. their data base recalls your last few orders.. heck, they know more about you than you realize..

As a matter of fact, I like to kid my wife that I bet she'd get a "Get Well" card from them if they didn't hear from us in a while..

5. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    You think THAT'S funny, when my 2nd daughter was born, we practically lived on wretched pizza from Domino's. (Only place that delivers near me. :( )

That Christmas, they sent us a Christmas card. I should have saved it.