close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Slings and mounts

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by 93GT, Jul 29, 2009.

1. 93GT

93GT The Ogre

Jul 6, 2002
    I am ready to put slings on some of my rifles. I have done some searching and so far I have found that everyone recommends a different thing.

S&W M&P15T that is pretty much stock
    [​IMG]
    An AK-47 with an M4 stock and UTG quad rail on the front

Both of these I was looking at tactical slings for. I don't care for one point slings and we use three point slings at work, so I was thinking of trying out a 2 point sling. I like the Vicker's 2 point, but not the price. If there is not a better option for the money, I might suck it up, but I would rather not. Also what mounts for these two rifles would I need, if any?

The other two are an DPMS LR308B and a Ruger M77 243.
    [​IMG]

I am considering just buying a surplus M1 Garand sling for the 308 and a 12 dollar walmart special for the Ruger. Any suggestions on a more comfortable or usable sling for either would be appreciated. I am not totally ignorant on utilizing a sling, I would just like some people to say what they would use on each of these weapons and a short explanation on why they would make that choice.

Next comes optics for the top two.

2. 93GT

93GT The Ogre

Jul 6, 2002
    Perhaps I posted this at a bad time since it only got 6 views. I needed a catchier title lol.

3. Steve in Az

Steve in Az Glock 21

Aug 12, 2000
    Arizona
    I have the Specter CQB 3-point slings on both my Remington 870 and my CAR-15. I use the GG&G front sight tower mount on the AR. The 870's front mount came with the scattergun tech (Wilson Combat) extension tube. I like them alot. Push of 2 buttons and my sling is off for range work, no readjusting needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  4. 93GT

93GT The Ogre

Jul 6, 2002
    Thanks for the response, I will look into what kind of mounts I will need to use one.

5. 93GT

93GT The Ogre

Jul 6, 2002
    Almost a year later and I am finally getting read to put slings on all of these rifles, plus a Remington 870 Talo edition. Any new opinions.