close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sling question

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by rkguy9, Aug 4, 2010.

1. rkguy9

rkguy9

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    I have a 590A1, 20" barrel. I am not very familier with tactical type slings, Can you give me some suggestions? thanks,

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010

3. rkguy9

rkguy9

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    Don't know, never used sling on a shotgun, except in Army as Military Police. Guess that was a 2 point since attached to stock and mag tube. That's why I am asking for suggestions.

4. GoBow

GoBow

Feb 8, 2008
    Delaware
    I'll second the Vickers/VTAC slings and GG&G front mount.

For the rear mount, I've started going cheap... 3 wraps of 550 cord tied off fairly snug around the pistol grip, then thread the rear sling through the 3 wraps. Cheap and it works.

Beauty of this setup is that you can let go of the gun and it'll hang in front ready for action if needed. All my hunting shotguns wear this setup now.

5. G23ATX

G23ATX

Nov 12, 2008
    Tx
    Here's my setup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 point sling mounted on left side using a GG&G front mount and Rocky Mountain Tactical sling, flashlight with pressure switch on right, tritium bead sight. Pretty basic but covers all the bases I need in a HD shotgun. I'd probably use a Vickers or Spec Ops Brand 2 point if I get another sling for it.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  6. Omen

Omen

Jul 31, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Any reason not to just use the sling swivels that come on the 590A1 as opposed to getting adapters and whatnot?

7. GoBow

GoBow

Feb 8, 2008
    Delaware
    Sling swivels on the bottom of the gun will make the gun hang upside down when slung across your chest. You want the sling coming off the left or right side of the gun for best access. IMHO...

8. And that is all you need for most applications. Fancy tactical slings are nice for specialized situations, but for most folks in most situations the basic 2-point will handle whatever comes up.

9. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I am using just the standard sling studs, and an Uncle Mike's 2/3 point convertible sling. Was inexpensive, and works fine for my needs. I might try putting my Vickers sling on it to try it out, even though all I use the sling on the shotgun for is over-the-shoulder carry.

10. G23ATX

G23ATX

Nov 12, 2008
    Tx
    This...