close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

slide stop lever

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by FYRELT, Jul 7, 2010.

1. FYRELT

FYRELT

Apr 14, 2005
    TENNESSEE
    can anyone tell me if a slide stop lever for the 19 or 23 will fit my 38,i want to replace the extended lever because my thumb hits it and the slide locks back.

2. roginoz

roginoz

Mar 10, 2009
    KS
    I have a 19 and a 38; the slide stops are interchangeable. I don't have any problem with the slide stop on the 38, though.

3. BOGE

BOGE Millennium Member

Mar 21, 1999
    In all seriousness you probably need to change your grip as the GAP has a wider slide thereby necesitating the extended slide stop.

4. I had the same problem - I just used a Dremel to cut the extended portion off of the lever. It has worked great for nearly a year now, and I still don't have any trouble using it to lock the slide back normally (chamber checks) . It's harder to release the slide with it now, but I've never used it for that anyhow.

It may well be possible to train to the point where I won't make a mistake if the time comes, but I decided not to chance it on something that I know is an issue (for me).

5. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Sep 30, 2006
    per lwd's parts listings, the 36/37/38/39 use a uniquely sized/dimensioned slide stop lever, allegedly not interchangeable...

Get the right part, fork out the $7.50... :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  6. ExiledViking

ExiledViking

May 6, 2004
    USA
    FWIW, I have swapped the slide stop off my G38 with my buddy's G19(which he used last weekend in the local IDPA match) and they both work fine. YMMV.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  7. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Sep 30, 2006
    Although it might work, GLock uses different part numbers for the slide stops for the 37/38/39 for a reason, I suspect...

8. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

Feb 8, 2009
    MICHIGAN
    They are different parts numbers, BUT They do interchange. I changed the one on my G37 with a non-extended G19 slide stop. Worked fine.