close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

slide dissamebly pics

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mesmith&weson, Mar 9, 2013.

1. mesmith&weson

mesmith&weson

Mar 6, 2013
    las vegas
    Took my slide and fram apart for a good cleaning was very easy. Put it back together did the glocksafty checks no problems. Took only a hour from start to fi finish.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Jun 20, 2011
    USA
    Good job! I salute every do-it-yourself type like you.

I find it necessary to know the inner workings of every firearm I own by taking it apart and studying the different pieces, just don't tell my department armorer that!

3. jolfe

jolfe

Oct 21, 2003
    Indiana
    Nicely done. Congratulations! :wavey:

4. u n v kenny

u n v kenny

Apr 9, 2007
    Florida
    Make sure you positioned your slide lock lever under the correct pin.

5. mesmith&weson

mesmith&weson

Mar 6, 2013
    las vegas
    I made the the slide lock went in to the grove on the pin so it can't com out during operation. Glock out of all my guns the glock is the most simplest one. To take apart. Go glock

6. jlbeasley1976

jlbeasley1976 Southern BTGOG

Jul 12, 2012
    South Georgia
    Almost. Need to get that spring off the firing pin then practice getting those spring cups back on. And that mag release can be a b$&?!$ sometimes. All in all, good work though. My glock was the first gun I ever took completely apart and it gave me the confidence to start fiddling with all my guns. In my opinion, the cheaper-made the gun, the harder to get back together. I have a Taurus 845 that would blow your mind when you see it in 20 million pieces.

7. vmann

vmann Controller

Jan 22, 2010
    DFW
    i think you meant to say slide stop lever, not the slide lock....

8. jlbeasley1976

jlbeasley1976 Southern BTGOG

Jul 12, 2012
    South Georgia
    Delete

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  9. mesmith&weson

mesmith&weson

Mar 6, 2013
    las vegas
    I did remove the fiering pin spring not bad. But I would think that the spring cups would be metal not plastic. Easy to put back on and the spring is not super stong ether.but with the pointed fiering pin I doest need to be.

10. u n v kenny

u n v kenny

Apr 9, 2007
    Florida
    Touché. Thank you! Coming from an Armorer I feel embarrassed!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  11. ssdrew

ssdrew

Nov 12, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Congrats and good job! My glock 17 was the first gun I had the kahonies to completly detail strip. I found a good youtube video and went step by step. It was alot easier than I thought. Although, first time I put the spring cups back on the firing pin, I managed to launch one across the living room and spent the next 30 min on my hands searching for it. Luckly I found it finally lol