close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sleeper Handguns

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by silverado, Feb 20, 2012.

1. I have to say +1 on FNH, they have some amazing looking pistols, not to mention the Five-seven and SCARs...

2. 1911master

1911master

Apr 26, 2007
    Woodward, OK
    I would agree with the orginal Detonics, dont know about the newer pistols.

Next up would be STAR pistols. I always did like the PDs, BKMs. Way ahead of the times. Firestar plus series in 9mm were pretty good also. Now if I could find that one of a kind Firestar plus in 45?

3. jbourneidentity

jbourneidentity

Nov 10, 2008
    The Browning BDM 9mm is one of the finest pistols I've ever shot. It's the only handgun I've ever handled that felt as good as a 1911 or Hi-Power. What a shame that these never caught on with the public.

[​IMG]

4. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Anybody say STARs?

[​IMG]

5. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    News to me- nice lookin gun!

6. silverado

silverado

Feb 25, 2002
    Texas
    Looked in to the Armalite, seems very well made. Maybe the best put together of all the CZ type guns, but no support for them it seems.

7. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I had one of these. It was excellent for the money.

8. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

Dec 15, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Lots of good stuff here, I would add the Walther P99 AS to the list. While known, the gun never received half the attention it deserved and that now the PPQ is rightly getting.

Agree on the Bersa brand, the quality is really good and for the money an amazing bang for the buck.

9. AngryPanda

AngryPanda Is he a troll?

Sep 25, 2009

Excellent is a bit much. They Can make a serviceable revolver when they try.

10. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    STEYR m40 m9 class .

very under appreciated .

i own a m40 and i like it better then my glock

11. From my personal experience.

Star 30MI
    [​IMG]
    This is one of my favor pistol and it's so underrated that I can't believe a company manufactured this level of craftsmanship went out of business.

Taurus 92 series
    [​IMG]
    It carries Taurus' bad rep. But it's a very nicely build and designed pistol. I'm glad Taurus kept Beretta's original frame mount design. The only down side I can think of will be the ILS.

Bernardelli Model 60
    [​IMG]
    It's the most accurate and reliable pocket gun I ever shot.

12. rtl

rtl Robby The Guy Millennium Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Wichita
  13. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    That was my agency's duty weapon at FLETC; a nice gun, but very fragile magazines.

14. AustinTx

AustinTx

Aug 16, 2006
    Tx
    I will take that over a Beretta or at least the equal. That pic gun, was made in Brazil using old Beretta, tooling, left over from a Brazilian military contract. When the Beretta contract was over, they just left the factory there. Too expensive to ship to Italy and they didn't need it.

I have 4 Taurus guns like that and they are excellent. I like the frame mounted safety, which is true to the original model 92 Beretta design. They can be carried cocked and locked, 1911, single action style.

15. The D&D Bren Ten......several great features shared with the CZ 75. Innovative barrel bushing that captured the front sight, making it easy to change. Could be carried cocked and locked or traditional DA. I had one of the Marksman Special Match versions in .45ACP, along with the original box, 3 working mags. I sent the owners manual to Jeff Cooper and he graciously autographed it for me. Wish I still had it.

It's demise I think was a product of poor business sense. Others have tried to reproduce it to no avail.

Plus Sonny Crockett had one.....how cools is that???!!!

16. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

Dec 15, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    In my book if it is a Beretta factory and a Beretta design it's really not much of a Taurus is it? They might or might not be underrated, but that model per se proves very little.

17. banger

banger

Nov 8, 2005
    Where evil lives
    I agree with many of the prior posts, however, I would add the surplus Walther P-1's that are currently in the country.

The usually retail for the $350-400 range. Great pistols at a great price.