Skulls and crossbones.

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Apr 19, 2013.

?
  1. They suck bad.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. They are the greatest ever.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't have an opinion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. When I was a little kid I had decals on my bike with skulls and couldn't wait to be grown up so I could get a Skull and Crossbones tattoo. I thought anything pirate related was the coolest. Over half a century later I still don't have a tattoo. I do however have several different Skull and bones T-shirts and a Skull ring like the one that Rolling Stones guy wears. I wouldn't wear them out of the house because I don't want to offend some people that associate these items with totenkopfs. Nowdays every weirdo kid has skinny jeans, Converse tennis shoes and a skull and bones something or other. To me it is no longer unique. YMMV. tom.:cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I remember that! HH

3. We would get the Jolly Roger flags and plastic skulls at the county fair each year and would use them to decorate the forts we built in the woods.

I preferred the skull tattoo with the snake going into and out of it's eye sockets.

4. Fun while we were kids. AAARRRR! I've seen a few of those Tatts as well. tom.:cool:

5. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

I hoist a Jolly Roger once a year for the Gaspirilla celebration, commemorating a pirate who may or may never have existed.

Other than that, unless its some girl trying to be cute, they're ridiculous.

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

8. Mr. Yuck is mean.

Mr. Yuck is GREEN!!

9. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall HildabeastHater

Too late, but thanks anyway.:faint:

"If Jose Gaspar did not exist, it would have been necessary to invent him."--Voltaire

10. mac66

mac66 Huge Member
    Millennium Member

Glorifying death through the remains of a dead body? I don't get it.:dunno:

#30 mac66, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  11. 427

You don't have to be so literal.

12. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

I don't have a problem with it.

Years ago, while visiting Disneyland, wifey bought me a Pirates of the Carribbean hat (my alltime favorite ride) @ the Orleans Place souvenir shop. This was before the movie PotC and the logo change...

[​IMG]

I've worn it on every subsequent visit and folk ask where to find them. Guess I can send 'em your way, huh Mark?

13. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

I like 'em with lightning bolts too.

[​IMG]

14. I bought a crystal skull at the Smithsonian in D.C. It's pretty cool. Had to edit when I noticed my avatar. I like it to.

#34 zukyota, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  15. I also bought a small skull shaped bottle of Crystal Vodka for the container. I may drink the contents or maybe not. tom.:cool:

16. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

That is Dan Akroyd's vodka

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. Yes it is. I wanted the larger size but not bad enough to get off my wallet. tom.:embarassed:

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

I bought a bottle too. Our local grocer was selling autographed bottles at same price. :)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

19. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

[​IMG]

I like them on motorcycles........ :supergrin:

20. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

they used to be cool....then they became so cliche, as to become a joke.

and , oh yeah... the s.s. wearing them....that kinda wrecked it.

#40 jakebrake, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013