Glock Talk banner

six flags carry question.

8K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  ol' scott 
#1 ·
this may be the wrong forum to ask this, as i already know that private citizen ccw is not allowed at six flags, but what about an L.E.O.?

are they allowed to entered strapped or does security provide a place to secure the gun at the gate so its not left to be stolen from the car in the parking lot?

#4 ·
I do not think that you can have a gun in the six flags parking lot ( private citizen with a ccw )
Maybe according to their rules, but that's not illegal, nor is carrying into the park if you can get past the metal detector. In that part of town, I would most definitely not leave a weapon in the vehicle w/o it being in a lockbox, cabled to the car chassis.

Sorry for hijacking the thread topic, as it's relating to LEO carry.

#5 ·
Under current law (not HB89, which doesn't take effect until July 1) Six Flags would likely be deemed a Public Gathering, and thus off limits even to license holders. Unless someone has found otherwise.

#6 ·
That's a gray area (intentionally written into the law), but a place such as that is not specifically listed as being a prohibited area. Really, there's not much difference between it and a shopping mall in terms of the definition of a public gathering, and the Ga Attorney General has given an opinion on that:

http://georgiapacking.org/ga-ag/u96-22.htm

IMHO, of course

#11 ·
negative, the governor signed the bill that took effect that day according to the news reports.

the July 1st date was if he didnt sign it by then it would go in to effect automatically that date.
HB 89 will not go into effect until July 1. What the news media is reporting is flat out wrong.

#13 ·
Hello Mr. XXX, my name is office Ramsey at Six Flags over Georgia. In response to your question due to our Six Flags policy we do not allow off duty police officers or any agencies unless authorized by the park president to carry their firearm into the park, but we do however, have lock boxes that they can lock their firearms into. We will give them the key to the box and they will be responsible for the key until they exit the park.

Thanks,

David Ramsey

#14 ·
So, you're not going and are writing a letter to your legislator, right?!

That is pure BS and I will not go back to a six flags again if that is truly the case.I guarantee you I could have very easily taken a pistol into the Six Flags Great America (Chicago area) last year! They found my OC and told me to put it in my car and before I did I hid my knives in my wife's backpack so I would not be defenseless.

Security was standing right there but were too lazy to care.

Buckaroo

If they are not going to honor HR218 then I ain't going there!!!!

#15 ·
I can certainly understand where Six Flags is coming from though. It's a park with rides that put amazing force on the human body. Imagine if somebody is riding a ride and their pistol comes out of the holster. The pistol lands who knows where and somebody picks it up. Sounds like a pretty reasonable thing from their part.

Also, I looked for it and remember it but isn't there something in the law about not carrying in places that charge admission? Is this GA or another state?

#16 ·
im not an amusement park rider, im a spectator....i get sicker than a dog on that stuff......this trip would have been for my kid....the Ga. code restrictions do not apply to Ga. officers....

besides, i can lock it up at the gate so it wont be stolen from my car....the park in the ghetto.

a private citizen may have to leave it in the car but security appearantly will stow it for l.e.o.'s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.