Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Situational Awareness, Thinking Before Doing, and Mob Attack

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by HKLovingIT, May 3, 2012.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    So you pull up in crowd of 100 people, someone within the 100 throws a rock at your window, and you get out to confront them. Wow...what shock this didn't work out for him.

When I was a kid, I had to drive through a very rough area to get to work. This was over 30 yrs ago. Somehow I had enough common sense to know you don't get out of the vehicle to confront people that harrass you in an area where you're outnumbered and unwanted...and that was often tested.
  2. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    Pretty much the point of my post above. Common sense can be quite challenging for some folks.

3. JK-linux

Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    That's because you recognize, when you get out of the car in that area, that people will side against you, based on race, ethnicity, income, or whatever makes them different from you.

Liberals are required to pretend that isn't true, to the point that some of them probably believe it.
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  5. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007

I think its more basic than that. Its the classic mistake many people make on both sides, assuming that the world works like you think it should work, rather than the way it does work.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  6. dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    It is very simple. They do not see a 100 person mob. The see 100 individuals (not a mob, not a group, not a gang...100 individual people) of which thru a rock. Couple that with the notion that the majority of people are good, and you have someone under the delusion that it is the rock-chucker who is outnumbered and surrounded.
  7. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

. The people living at the house are apparently Puerto Ricans. Police have not released any details on the mob that attacked their house.- From the link about the Florida mob attack

I just hate how that little bit of info is so often left out. It is as people are trying to cover. I bet I could guess correctly.
    Last edited: May 6, 2012