close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sioux Falls, SD 2012 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 23, 2012.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here.:wavey:

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Jim (JML2365) and I were there right away this morning, all went slick and quick, the RO's were friendly, eager to learn the ways of GSSF, and did a great job!

It was supposed to be raining today, but the rain was long gone when we got there. Turnout was a bit light while we were there (due to the spose to be rain?), but there was near 100 pre-registered.....I expect it picked up some.

Didn't shoot up to my potential, but it was a great match anyway...looking forward to next year!

3. agrech

agrech

This was my very first GSSF match. I wasn't able to shoot, as I didn't have much time. But I DID become a GSSF Member while I was there.

It was pretty cool, had my old G22 looked at and Mike the Armorer, was able to see some parts of an old Glock that he hadn't seen before. All in all, a pretty cool experience.

It was pretty slow by the time I got there. But one of the guys I spoke too, said they had something like 80 people today. And he expected more tomorrow.

I really hope they get a good turn out this year. It's the first time they've done this in South Dakota, and I would REALLY like them to keep coming here.

So tell your friends about it. And get out there and enjoy it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the road to the site: Just figured you guys would get a kick out of just isolated this range is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  4. cookselk

cookselk

I very much enjoyed the match and found that the staff was very polite and great to work with. There were happy and friendly RO's on every stage which always makes the matches more fun. Thanks to all. The first two stages went smooth other than my lackluster shooting.

The only snag was when the plate rack broke down. I broke it first and then someone I won't mention, she knows who she is:tongueout: she finished it. While this did cause some delay the staff worked really hard to get the show moving again. They had a plan A which involved welding the 1st plate rack and a plan B which involved trucking in a second plate rack. After inspection by the GSSF official, he approved it, the second one had the same sized plates and they were spaced the same so there was no difference.

The downside was the delay and my own foolishness, I'm not getting a sunburn I thought :steamed: WRONG!!!. Plus side was that it gave me some extra time to sit back and talk with old friends and make some new friends. Some times I get too involved in the match and forget to relax so this was a nice change of pace. In the future I think I'll slow it down.

I hope that GSSF brings the match back next year, and to those of you who did not attend there is still tomorrow so go have some fun.

5. Butch

You can go out and shoot tomorrow!

And you really should, you won't have another one this close for at least a full year..... :)

6. agrech

agrech

Don't think I don't know that!! :crying:

But I'll be working. MAYBE if I can get out in time, I will. I'm not the best shot, but I'd REALLY like to participate.

For those that were there, I was the dude in the green shirt, being all anti social and watching :cool:

7. Butch

Work is highly over rated.... :sad:

8. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

You don't have to be a great shot to participate.

Bring a stock Glock and at least 4 magazines a hundred rounds of ammo eye and ear protection.Tell the RO'S your new and they will walk you thru the stages.

try and make it a point to go.I shot horrible my first event. I remember starring at the 3 plates still standing with my empty gun in my hand thinking I could have thrown the gun at them and knocked them down,how did I miss

I hope you get to go.Just remember although its a timed event Slow and smooth with bring a better score then just yanking the trigger as fast as you can

9. SARDG

SARDG

I'd bring 150 rounds minimum though as the courses of fire are 107 rounds max, and then there's the possibility of a partial reshoot, then there is the practice plates at some matches.

10. JML2365

JML2365

For not shooting a match since St. Paul last year I felt pretty good with my scores. Not the best i've ever shot but by far not the worst! The RO's were very willing to learn the ways of GSSF. I believe most of them were used to USPSA shooting and not as familiar with GSSF. If you gave them a suggestion on things they listened and were not offended. They did a good job and things ran smoothly while we were there. I shot three catagories and was done in about an hour.

11. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I've never been to South Dakota. Maybe next year?:whistling:

12. agrech

agrech

You should! It's not bad here. W got a lot of touristy places to check out while you're here if you do. :embarassed:

13. Butch

The range is really just barely west of the Minnesota state line Danny.....with just a short easterly drive, you could legitimately say you visited both Minnesota AND South Dakota!

:)

14. viper144

viper144

For hosting a first time shoot, these guys did a great job. With a few problems (as with any first time event), me and my wife had a great time. I think she probably shot her best and me my worst. Other than a little sun burn,, it was a very good event.
    I would just like to give the RO's a big hand for the way they handled the little mishaps and the friends we both made>
    GREAT JOB!!!