close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Single stack 9mm Glock and import points

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cgv69, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgv69

cgv69

For years (decades?) now people have been begging Glock for a single stack versions of the G26/27 and G19/23 but we have been disapointed year after year.

Some Glock apologists here have claimed in the past that it was an import issue and that a single stack G26/27 would not have enough "points" to be legally imported?

If that is the case, then how can S&W import the Walther PSS which is a compact, single stack 100% German made handgun?

2. Shasta McNasty

Shasta McNasty

3. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

I'd rather them come out with a carbine :)

4. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

A single stack Carbine? :rofl:

5. Shasta McNasty

Shasta McNasty

:laughabove:

6. cgv69

cgv69

Really? I did a search and couldn't find anything so if you can point me to something that explains why S&W can import the PSS but Glock can't impost a single stack G26, I would love to read the reasoning?

if you are just talking about the single stack Glock being an old beaten down topic then all I can say if get over it. There are way too many people who want one and until Glock produces one, you will continue to see people plead, beg, ***** and moan for one. :tongueout:

You know if Glock was to release a PCC that used current mags (including the G18 mags), I would be one of the first people in line for one but between that or a compact single stack pistol, I'll take the pistol every day and twice on sunday. The carbine would be cool and fun and all but little more then a toy. The pistol however would be a great CCW or backup weapon.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  7. Shasta McNasty

Shasta McNasty

glock cannot import one because they do not make one :rofl:

8. cgv69

cgv69

That's friggen hilarious but I thought this was a technical form for adults to have on-topic discussions? Do you have anything of value to add or are you just trying to up your post count? :upeyes:

9. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

But the best part is, that the OP claims that "For years (decades?) now people have been begging Glock for a single stack versions....", but you did a search, and came up with nothing. There's no posts to be found in your search, of people "begging" for single stack 9MMs.

Single stack? For what? Not very many people are pleading, begging or moaning for single stacks. And that's not what GLOCK is about as a company.

Christ, if the G26 is too much gun for you to carry, well.......that's sad.

10. K_Rasmussen

K_Rasmussen NRA Life Member

That isn't the point. I would like a single stack subcompact for jogging if it would be lighter than my 36.

I get it, your manly

11. girphoto

girphoto

If you want a nice "single Stack" "GLOCK TYPE" gun look at the KAHR PM9. It is very similar to a Glock 26, but is smaller, lighter, and does fit in the pocket.
    But it only holds 6+1 or 7+1 depending on the mag.
    I have 5 Glocks in various flavors :rofl::rofl:, but now that we are into 90 + degree weather in SE Florida, every Day , day in and day out, I switch off between my G26 IWB and my Kahr PM9 "Pocket".

12. cgv69

cgv69

I love how people like to twist what you write just to try and make an irrelevent point. My search was focused on S&W importing the PSS and Glock's supposed inability to do the same. and that's what this thread is really about. I'm trying to understand what, if any barrier's exist that are preventing Glock from producing a compact single pistol. Not about whether Glock should or should not make one as that answer seems pretty obvious to me but if you want to take it there, fine...

You must have your head in the sand if you honestly believe that? Look at all of the compact single stack pistols that have been released over the last few years. Other then more 1911's and AR15's, compact single stack CCW pieces have been one of the more popular and requested firearms types in the last few years. The Walther PPS, Luger LCR, S&W Body guard, etc.. Look how many Keltecs and Kahr's have been sold over the years. Why are all these companies designing and making these types of pistols if there is little or no demand for them?

As far as what "Glock is about", last time I checked they were very much geared towards Military and LEO sales. Now I don't know about any military applications for a compact, single stack pistol but I have no doubt that Glock would sell quite a few of them to various LEO organization who need backup and deep cover firearms for their detectives and other officers

What's sad is all the narrow minding thinking I'm seeing in this thread. Some of you seem to think that if you can't see a use for it personally then apparently it's a stupid idea that nobody else could need or want. There is a big world out there and just be looking at what's already out there and selling clearly shows there is a large market for compact, single stack pistols and it is my opinion that Glock could own that market if they do it right because most of the other options come up short in the quality or reliability dept.

13. cgv69

cgv69

Just my opinion but the only thing "Glock like" about the PM9 is that they both have a polymer frame and no external hammer. I hate Kahr's double action trigger and looong reset.

To be honest, I given up waiting on Glock and will be buying a Walther PSS as from what I can tell, it is the closed thing out there to a single stack G26 but is also what got me wondering about Glock's inability or unwillingness to produce such a weapon?

14. Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

I know of Walther PPS and PPQ....not familiar with PSS.
    The easiest thing for you is to buy a PPS; nice gun. I have one.
    S2

15. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

I've jogged with G19s and G17s, and a P226!:shocked:

So if that qualifies me as manly...........whatever.

How do you carry when you're jogging?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.