close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Single-point sling mounting options

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by DeltaNu1142, Jan 18, 2011.

1. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

Apr 14, 2009
    Florida
    Thanks for your input. I have a simple two-point that I can use should I choose to go that route.
    Yeah, I went to the Spec Ops site & saw what they have; but I'm certain, mine is none of those. I have the installation instructions and I'm 99% sure I've got it right as pictured.

Ultimately, I'm going to end up taking it to a tailor or seamstress (what's the PC term?) to get it cut & sewn the way I want it--so I was focused on getting the end plate right. Yep, busy--because it's not even attached yet.

You can always count on GT for comments alluding to how bad something sucks or how much better someone else's stuff is; but fortunately, there are still folks out there interested in augmenting our collective knowledge (or whatever you want to insert that doesn't offend your sensibilities). Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. Don't take it personally chum, you can ask the question but you can't control the answers. I like what I like and you can take it or leave it, and I extend the same understanding to you. :)

3. Yeah, I've got mine on a cheap sigle point that I'll have to replace eventually. The main thing is that my wife is a lefty, so the ambi-ness of the POF and Magpul ASAP were a good choice for us.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  4. Glock21Owner

Glock21Owner NRA Life Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Isle of Lucy
  5. Tucson_1

Tucson_1

Feb 19, 2009
    My response was to the original topic of "Single point sling mounting options".
    I was not trying to allude to the sling you have as being inferior when I used the statement "an actual single point sling". I was just expressing the solution I provided was specific to slings that attach to a single point on the rifle. What you have presented as a single point sling differs from those that I have seen and the solution I provided may not suite the sling you are working with.

I've found the ASAP sling adapter to work well with a sling that attaches at a single point (the end plate). The sling I use is not high-end by any means. It's a Blackhawk Storm. So I'm not talking down, just offering an option for attaching a single point sling... I didn't intend for my input to be anything other than constructive.

6. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

Apr 14, 2009
    Florida
    Hey Tucson, thanks--your input is/was valuable, and I wasn't referring to your post. I'm planning to configure the sling such that I can connect it to the end plate as a single-point (just as you've described) and then also use the "tension strap" idea as it's designed (it's supposed to be enable you to switch from righty to lefty quickly, for example). I can accomplish this through the use of the multiple snap connectors on the straps. I know this sounds a little wonky, but it's feasible. I like the idea of having a configurable sling for various applications. I don't need an ultra-versatile sling, but having a couple of options to choose from is always good.

I realize it looks like there's a lot going on in the photo, but it's really pretty simple once you actually 'install' it.

7. So you just need one like this?

http://www.ar15pro.com/item/77454_GGG_Grips_Pads_Stocks_GGG_MURP_SLING_ADAPTER.aspx

And I am just asking but that looks similar to one I was issued at 1 time, but when setup their was a buckle at the handguard area and the one in the rear so it was more like a 2 point that could be unbuckled for easy removal? I just dont see the reasoning behind the detach buckle on the side of the rifle?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  8. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

Apr 14, 2009
    Florida
    No, I've placed an order for this:

[​IMG]

The only reason for the "detach buckle" (the one by the BM logo on the receiver) on the tension strap that runs the length of the rifle is to connect the handguard strap to the rear strap. I suspect that once I get this right, I could replace it with one continuous piece of the right length with QD's on either end.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011