close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Single-point sling mounting options

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by DeltaNu1142, Jan 18, 2011.

1. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142
    Expand Collapse
    Glock talker

My brother purchased a nice single-point sling (I believe it's a Gear Sector?) for me to put on my M4-style carbine. It's got a tension strap that runs down the left-hand side of the rifle (I'm a righty) and then a loop that goes around my body & clips to a sliding point on the tension strap.

I have a sling swivel at the 9:00 position at the front of the handguard. What I'm looking for is a decent option for mounting the rear of the tension strap at the end plate. I'd like a quick-disconnect so I can remove the tension strap easily. I've looked through the M4 sling thread & I'm really just looking for a source for a decent rear end plate that I can use with a rear disconnect. THANKS!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. JASV.17

JASV.17
    Expand Collapse
    Prime Example

I have the Gear Sector single point, and I run it into this...

http://www.gearsector.com/view/product/172/

I love it. Clean, easy, does not interfere with any stock positions (not that I adjust my stock at all, but still).

Some people don't like the idea of them since it potentially could come loose and you'd loose your detent (thus shutting down your rifle), but I don't see that as an issue for me. Just be sure to stake it properly.

Another option would be this..

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Tango-Down-PR-4-Rear-Sling-Mount-p/tango down pr-4.htm

But for my use (and especially the price), I love the Noveske.

3. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142
    Expand Collapse
    Glock talker

4. mvician

mvician
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

#4 mvician, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  5. surf

surf
    Expand Collapse

I like the Daniel Defense and the Noveske end plates as already linked. I do not like the end plates with QD's that stick out on the sides as they tend to get in the way.

6. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142
    Expand Collapse
    Glock talker

I DO like the DD QD endplate--however, the tension strap is intended to be pretty tight & tensioned toward the front of the weapon, I assume, and would probably result in the QD being more or less impossible to D, especially Q'ly...

I think I'm going to need to go with something that juts out to the side--and if I do, I like the option PM'd to me:

[​IMG]

It looks like it's lacking the typical sharp edges that would be susceptible to hanging up on stuff.

#7 DeltaNu1142, Jan 18, 2011
  7. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP
    Expand Collapse
    Inactive/Banned

Here's what I have on mine. It's made by Blackhawk and is ambidextrous.
    [​IMG]

8. drizzle

drizzle
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

I like this. Yes, the koolaid is tasty :)

9. mvician

mvician
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

OK, just re read your description........you are describing a 3 point sling, and Gear Sector does not make 3 point slings.

10. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142
    Expand Collapse
    Glock talker

You could be right--however, every image I can come up with for "three point sling" shows a strap along the weapon ("tension strap", maybe) and then a sling connected at two points. Mine only connects at one point--a sliding piece that travels on the strap along the receiver.

I'm really giving Google Images a workout trying to find it, but not having any luck. If I think of it when I get home, I'll punch up the make of the sling because I know it has a tag on it.

#11 DeltaNu1142, Jan 18, 2011
  11. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701
    Expand Collapse
    Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Weird, I don't recall ever seeing anything like what you're describing.

12. surf

surf
    Expand Collapse

I am probably like others who read your post. Initially I just saw single point sling mount options and didn't really read everything well. But as mentioned, when I read the entire post, I too am a bit confused about the sling set up that you are trying to describe. Definitely post a picture or a link when you can and I am sure we can help you out better.

13. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142
    Expand Collapse
    Glock talker

I'm playing with the sling now, it's a Spec Ops, and there are literally NO PHOTOS on the internet anywhere of this sling or anything like it--so I've gone & put the first ones in existence on GT.

Now, naturally, the thing isn't attached, as determining how I'm going to do that is the purpose of this thread. I do have a sling swivel at the front of the handguard.

[​IMG]

As you can see, there are these two plastic bits on the center of the strap (I don't know what they're called--strap locks?) between which the single-point connection can slide. Those are adjustable, so you can determine how much "slide" you want along the receiver.

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

This sling is the reason I wanted the B.A.D. Lever - so I could access the bolt release from the right side of the weapon. That strap, when installed correctly, should be tight against the left side (I think?).

14. BBJones

BBJones
    Expand Collapse

Ditch that monstrosity. :p

Looks like way too many straps.
    Get a VTAC or Vickers 2 point or look for a quality single point.

15. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701
    Expand Collapse
    Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

That is very.... Busy.

16. Unistat

Unistat
    Expand Collapse

I got a Magpul ASAP yesterday. I like it so far. I did have to grind the inside of the "flanges" that fit to the lower to get it to fit. That's because I was trying to jam it onto a POF P-308 and those lowers are a little beefier.

17. Unistat

Unistat
    Expand Collapse

Hell, even a sling you make yourself out of 1 1/4" nylon straps from Gander would be better than that.

18. mvician

mvician
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

19. Tucson_1

Tucson_1
    Expand Collapse

I've had the ASAP for some time now, maybe a year... I didn't note the date I purchased it. I've really liked it and I have it coupled with an actual single point sling.