close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Single Most Important Glock Modification

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Citadel15L, May 15, 2013.

1. libarts.tech

libarts.tech
    Expand Collapse
    Charles Wagoner

Douchy answer:

Ammo, and lots of it.

Answer to what you're actually asking:

Night sights.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. mattallamerican

mattallamerican
    Expand Collapse

ammo mags practice i do like night sights the night sights would be about it

3. G_Man

G_Man
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully this question is on topic enough for someone to answer... concerning night sights, which I feel are def in the top 3 of important mods... can anyone say for sure if the TRIJICON HD GL101O: Glock HD Night Sight Set will mount up on a G19 GEN 2 slide, 1989 production? I wrote to Trijicon and this is what I got back:

"Thank you for your interest in Trijicon products. We apologize for the delay in response. To our knowledge Model GL101O will fit all of the Glock 19 Gen 2 as long as they didn’t change the slide for the sight. We recommend contacting Glock to see if a change has been made to that part of the firearm. If we can assist you further please feel free to contact us."

I mean, seriously? They don't really know if the models differ and if their sights will fit the GEN 2..?!?! I know the front sight installs differently than GEN 3/4's that use the hex head screw, not sure about the dimensions of the rear dovetail. My Gen 2 has what appears to be a pressed-into-place pin/clip arrangement through a rectangular machined slot for lack of a better description. Wondering if the Trijicon front will still seat and be secured with the screw in the rectangular opening? As a secondary question, any recommendations for good night sights that WILL fit a GEN 2 19?

Thanks for any responses.
    GMan

4. DLL9mm

DLL9mm
    Expand Collapse

Night sights or any steel sights.

5. 340gully

340gully
    Expand Collapse

3.5lbs connector and night sights

6. AR10Tfan

AR10Tfan
    Expand Collapse

In line with most of the responses, I replaced the sights on my mod 21 and 19 but instead of Trig's or other aftermarket, I used the Glock factory night front sight and replaced the plastic rear sight with a Glock steel sight. I guess I'm kinda in the minority that I like the factory sight picture, but there again I.m using 63 year old eyes, and these are purley defense guns