close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Single Most Important Glock Modification

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Citadel15L, May 15, 2013.

1. Tom N.

Tom N.

Jan 22, 2000
    Indiana
    I change out the sights as soon as possible. Everything else stays stock.

2. Glock factory night sights. I install them on every Glock I own.

[​IMG]

3. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

Nov 29, 2003
    On second thought, I'll stick with Ameriglo CAP sights. Thanks for the heads-up. Overall, I still think Glock's OEM steel rear W/O sight is under-rated.

I heartily agree with adding copious amounts of ammo to every Glock handgun purchase.

4. CKtCATM

CKtCATM

Nov 13, 2011
    Texas
    Metal sights at a minimum, night/fiber if that floats your boat. But definitely get rid of the plastic sights.

5. mlmarion55

mlmarion55 1*

Nov 2, 2004
    Northeast
    Skip the mods and spend the $$$$$$ on training

Only mod to my Glocks are extended slide stop and NS

6. Roger1079

Roger1079

Mar 22, 2008
    South FL
    I agree that the best mod for any Glock owner is shooter training. It is a fine pistol that doesn't NEED anything right out of the box. That being said, I know it isn't what this thread is about.

All of my Glock's have night sights from various manufacturers, OEM smooth face triggers for my compacts/subs, OEM extended slide stop levers, and Pearce grip extensions for my subcompacts. I don't even really consider the OEM parts as mods but included them as they don't ship that way from the factory.

I went through my phase of installing OEM "-" connectors in my pistols but have since taken them out as my shooting technique has improved enough that I do not need them and actually prefer the trigger in stock configuration.

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Is teaching the owner to shoot a "modification"? Other than that, nothing else really improves it.

No offense, but when somebody posts a "what can I modify on my Glock" thread, it tells me they haven't identified a need and they are wanting to make a change just to be doing it. Those people aren't too bright and Glock is the wrong gun for them.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  8. reloader550

reloader550

Feb 15, 2007
    Most important and (only) Glock modification, replace the sights.

9. PA30s

PA30s

Feb 19, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Really? That's a narrow minded thought process if I ever did see one. In your opinion they are fine out the box and nothing else needs to be done to them. Other people would beg to differ.

Why would Glock be wrong for them if they want to modify one? Just because you say so...?

As I see it, it is one manufacture that actually has aftermarket support for them. In full force that is. And nothing is perfect. Not even with addons.

I've never owned a Glock before in my life until about two weeks ago. I bought it for many reasons...

1. It fit my budget.
    2. It fit my hands.
    3. It was in the caliber I wanted.
    4. It fit my Conceal Carry needs.
    5. Because it has overwhelming aftermarket support.

Night sites... I dunno they help you see in the night. I would think that would be a benefit to anyone who was thinking about them. Or any sites for the matter that help you see the target better.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  10. tager

tager

Feb 4, 2010

Morning kodiakpb

Yes, I have & it works great. About all I use on all my Glocks.

I do black out the white outline on the rear.

11. Fan45acp

Fan45acp

Feb 23, 2008
    Steel black sights front and back, simple, Dawson Precision.

12. RPVG

RPVG

Oct 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL

PA30s, I think you missed Bren's point. He's talking about people who want to mod their Glock just to mod their Glock. I think Bren would agree that, if you've identified a shortcoming (ie., a shortcoming to you), then go ahead and take care of that shortcoming.

Personally, I changed out the slide lock lever and the slide lock on my G-30. But it was ONLY after I identified the stock parts as not meeting my personal needs.

13. gorwilla

gorwilla

Aug 25, 2011
    Night sights. Then get to work on your 1000 round trigger job.

14. shyguy

shyguy

Sep 25, 2010
    Good sights and maybe a little skateboard/rubber tape depending on the model.