Single Most Important Glock Modification

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Citadel15L, May 15, 2013.

1. I know a lot of you guys like to make adjustments to your stock glocks, so this question is for you. If you were only able to make one modification to your glock, what would it be? Would it be sights, trigger mod, stippling, flashlight attachment, etc.? And to be more specific, lets say this glock is going to be your EDC.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Citadel15L, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Forbes: The Single Most Important Lesson Gun Owners Should Learn From The G Carry Issues Jul 23, 2013
    What is the SINGLE most important political issue to you? Political Issues May 30, 2012
    Resisting the single stack craze General Glocking Yesterday at 11:42 PM
    New poll, describe Dem candidates in a single word Political Issues Sunday at 3:53 PM
    Oregon shooter said to have singled out Christians for killing Religious Issues Friday at 8:43 AM

3. I have tried quite a few different things, but usually i just come back to stock, with aftermarket sights. Usually trijicons or ameriglo.

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Spring/Steel Guide-rod
  5. marcoh

marcoh NRA Life Member

Green Meprolights
  6. Sammael

Sammael Ich tu dir Weh.

Night sights.

7. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

Yeah - Night sights are good, but not totally 100% necessary in all cases.

If I could only do just one mod, it would be to smooth the "bumps" on either side of the trigger safety lever (they keep the safety centered in the opening in the trigger face).

Sometimes there is a bit of extra plastic flash on these bumps or a sharp rear edge. If you pull the trigger straight back as you should, you will never notice any hesitation. However, if you pull the trigger to one side or another, the trigger safety can get hung-up on the sides of its slot in the trigger face. This can actually prevent you from firing if the flash is bad enough.

I have experience with several Glocks with this problem. If you know about it, it takes only a minute to bevel a smooth ramp on the bumps' rear surface with a X-acto knife.
  8. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Steel sights. Usually Meprolight night sights.
  9. Here's my honey do list>that I finish really quick

trijicons HD night sights
    Hogue grip

Just those three mods help her shooting a lot...
    but now she thinking about a weapon light... she
    already has a AR setup that most would die for
    and keeps that by her bed at night :shocked:

I believe I created a Monster> :supergrin:
  10. A couple of cases of ammo and a decent training class are what most new Glock owners need.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.
  11. Yes.

And night sights if you like them.
  12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

If your modification is driven by "what can I change" instead of some need you see, you probably don't need anything. A new Glock needs to be loaded - that makes it an instant competition or self-defense gun. At most I put some grip tape on a competition-only gun.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  13. Genin

Genin Designated Left

14. Sights. My preference, and the one I have on a number of my Glocks, is the Trijicon night sight #GL01.
  15. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Without a doubt, sights. I go Warren Tactical and never look back.
  16. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Night sights. That's it. Trigger is very good out of the box, mounted light not really sensible for permit carry (great for a dedicated home defense gun- if you've received training with the light). No stipling necessary.
  17. Night sights for me and replacing the serrated trigger on compacts/sub compacts with a smooth trigger.
  18. If I was going to do anything to my Glock it would be to change the sights to night sights. Other than that I do not feel a need to mess with a reliable pistol that I already shoot pretty darn well. I CC mine, it was never meant to be a range toy. If I can use it well enough to stop a threat while under stress in it's stock configuration I'm good.
  19. sfguard

sfguard Spread Out!

another vote for sights
  20. Sights. Definitely sights.
  21. Plenty of ammunition and range time. SJ 40