close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Singer James Taylor,speaks about Gun Control

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by SJ 40, Jan 22, 2013.

1. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    The singer said that Americans may need to sacrifice some of their liberties.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...es-to-our-freedoms-to-safeguard-our-children/

He maybe willing to but my reply to him would be the words Benjamin Franklin spoke.
    "They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania..

Or maybe this from John Adams

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.

SJ 40

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    My reply is... If you want to give-up your liberty go right ahead
    that's your prerogative. I don't wish to and will not give up what so many have died to preserve. If you try to take "any" of my liberty you're gonna have one hell of fight on your hands.

3. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Jan 17, 2012
    If someone tries to strip me of my Constitutional and basic human rights, they'd better pack a bag lunch.

4. I've seen fire and I've seen rain and that's one singer I'll never listen to again!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    It's always easy to give up someone Else's liberty for your own safety.

How about giving up your safety for someone Else's liberty? You apparently think liberty is less important than safety.

This Country didn't feel this way when they had to fight for liberty. Now when you didn't lift a finger for liberty, you are willing to give it away.

How will you feel when you lose the liberty to make the any decisions without some other persons approval.

6. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    I'd rather see NRA use messages like these powerful quotes than ads like the recent one about Obama's kids attending a secure school.

Regarding Taylor's statement, he is entitled to an opinion.

I'd like to know why more celebs who hunt, shoot for fun and carry for SD aren't speaking out. Surely Charleton Heston wasn't the only mega-star who understood the importance of using their status to protect 2A rights.

7. He used to do heroin. Isn't that illegal? Why was he able to get it if it was illegal?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Another heroin addict heard from. :upeyes: BFD

9. 9jeeps

9jeeps

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    Never, ever have liked that guy and his music.

10. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    Because the don't want to loos the mega buck Holly Wood carers. Charleton Heston didn't get much Holly Wood work after he announced his support of the Second Amendment. But even he said we don't need "assault weapons".

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

11. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Photo Feller
    For a bunch of Old Angry white guys the certainly had a way with words,I too wish we would use there words to rebut the Anti's. SJ 40

12. Michael Rye

Michael Rye

Oct 8, 2012
    SC
    Screw him. I never got why his music was so loved. He always sounded to me like he had a stick of butter shoved up his nose.

13. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    i thought hippies were against the gubmint controling everything? or was it just dope?

14. Not the sell out millionaire hippies who live in hell-A..

The real hippies already dropped out of society. For example "The Farm" in Summertown TN.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. Cmon, really guys.

Who gives a crap what J. Taylor says or thinks.

What bothers me is that these are words used by Bill Clinton.

Keep the pressure up on your Reps & Senators.

One letter is not enough.

WILL NOT REGISTER - WILL NOT

16. Pythonman

Pythonman

Jul 30, 2004
    Amen and spot on brother! If Taylor and Obama and Stevie Wonder and whatever want to give up their freedoms the they can go right ahead and do so. LEAD BY EXAMPLE I always say! And as also stated in this thread, it's easy to give up liberties you didn't fight and die for. Shame on us if we let these clown draft dodgers destroy our Bill Of Rights.:steamed:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  17. Pythonman

Pythonman

Jul 30, 2004
    :rofl:

Hippie = hairy smelly drugged up liberal. Actually, take away the long hair and the dope and all that's left is a communist.

18. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Sir< I beg to differ all that remains is a Stinky Communist ! SJ 40

19. fx77

fx77 CLM

Nov 23, 2008
    This the guy who was depressed? Alcoholic? Wife Beater?