Since Abortion is GT's hot topic of the week

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by OctoberRust, Oct 16, 2012.

1. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

More abortion, less crime?

Kind of like more guns, less crime?

Any theories on why this may be? Maybe like, instead of having the kid, and him/her living a messed up life with messed up kids, that a CHL holder has to shoot 20 years down the road because they're trying to rob them, the screw up parents that were never good enough to begin with have an abortion? :dunno:

I don't know, but I'm digging the theory! Let's hear your theory on why abortion reduces crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legalized_abortion_and_crime_effect

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Been here since 1999... Late Intro, Sorta Introduction Forum Tuesday at 1:13 PM
    Hi, Ive been lurking since 2006 Introduction Forum Aug 20, 2015
    13 shot, 2 fatally, in Chicago since Monday The Okie Corral Aug 18, 2015
    Menber since '08 Introduction Forum Aug 15, 2015
    Jobs shock: 100% of female employment gains taken by foreigners since 2007 The Okie Corral Aug 7, 2015

3. Seeing as how most republicans seem to hate abortion, and most democrats are okay with it, I'd say there's less crime because there's less democrats. :tongueout:

4. OctoberRust

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That would explain why more guns = less crime is viable too then.

Dang man, you just killed two babies with one stone.... No pun intended.

5. The Democrats have been replacing aborted babies with illegal immigrants, so that cancels out that crime rate change theory. I'd attribute the decrease more to the increase in concealed carry rights in states in the late 80's and in the 90's.

6. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

:rofl: :rofl:

7. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

makes sense, less unwanted kids that the parents want nothing to do with means less of those kids running the streets committing crimes. Yup, I can see it

8. OctoberRust

Same. Most likely less welfare recipients too. This is just win/win/win in my opinion.

9. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless
    CLM
    1. Project Mayhem

Make abortion mandatory.

10. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

yup... without a license.

If you're gonna let religion dictate your laws like they want to do on abortion might as well start running sharia law.

11. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

12. CanMan

Silver Member

I approve this message.

Steven Levitt of the University of Chicago and John Donohue of Yale University revived discussion of this claim with their 2001 paper "The Impact of Legalized Abortion on Crime". Donohue and Levitt point to the fact that males aged 18 to 24 are most likely to commit crimes. Data indicates that crime in the United States started to decline in 1992. Donohue and Levitt suggest that the absence of unwanted aborted children, following legalization in 1973, led to a reduction in crime 18 years later, starting in 1992 and dropping sharply in 1995. These would have been the peak crime-committing years of the unborn children.

13. Some people consider the act of abortion to be murder. Murder is a crime. This train of thought means that more abortion equals more crimes. Just sayin'

14. OctoberRust

Yep.

Some liberals consider the act of carrying a gun to be a crime also. Does not mean either side is right.

Just sayin'

#13 OctoberRust, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  15. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

So does the Florida AG.

16. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

[​IMG]

17. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

F#$%ing genius

18. OctoberRust

:rofl::rofl: thanks for t he awesome pic sir!

19. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

before anybody could have a serious debate about abortion, the abortions being done should not be paid for with our tax dollars.

once its a pay from your own pocket deal then you can debate it with society.

20. OctoberRust

Agreed. There's a LOT of things that shouldn't be funded with our tax money. I'm sure you'll agree with that statement as well.

21. Except, sperm in not a fetus.

#20 BigBearCarolina, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012