close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SIM Card Recommendations

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by RottnJP, Jan 2, 2011.

1. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    CT
    Anyone have any recommendations on pre-paid service/SIM cards for an unlocked "beater" phone?

Wife and I both have smart-phones, where are great, but battery hogs. I picked up a cheap unlocked phone which has a week or so of battery life for backup, but I'm seeing so many choices for pre-paid SIM (GSM) cards, it's nuts.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm looking for lowest-cost cards that work across North America without raping you on Canadian cost.

Thanks!!

2. johnny00

johnny00

Nov 26, 2005
    I used to use Tracfone all the time when I traveled. Their minutes are cheap and a simple google search will find you a ton of coupon codes (2x minutes for life, etc.). I made sure that I had a GSM and CDMA phone b/c you never know what type of service you'd get.

If you check out this forum, you may find some info. I'd look in the "US Prepiad/MVNO Discussion" subforum.

http://www.howardforums.com/forum.php?

Thanks!