Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Silvercreek IDPA, Saturday February 7th

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by TreehugginGlock, Jan 29, 2009.

  1. Just wanted to remind you folks that Silvercreek Conservation Club's IDPA monthly matches are starting back up for 2009. Our first match (weather permitting) will be Saturday, February 7th. So dust off your gear and shake the moths out of your concealment garment. We would love to see you all out there ready to have a good time.

    If you need details or directions, please go to

    If there are any changes, I will post here on Glock Talk.

    Think warm, sunny and dry thoughts.

  2. ofox


    Jul 30, 2007
    OK - I'm in for it! Bad weather whatever!

  3. Guys,

    Got the bad news today that due to trees down blocking the entrance of the range and just general conditions of the range after the ice storm, we will not be holding our IDPA match at Silvercreek on February 7th. :crying:

    We will all have to wait until our next scheduled match, Saturday, March 7th. Everything should be fine by then.

    See you in March.
  4. ofox


    Jul 30, 2007
    Hey, this can't be right. I was driving around the range in my car on Saturday the 31st, came in thru the snow just fine, range road was well used, and saw no trees to block two-way traffic. It's true that my beat-up old Cad scraped the snow a few times, but nuthin' stopped me from putting up some targets and having fun for a few hours and a couple hundred rounds.
  5. I'm just telling you what I was told by the range safety officer and the IDPA match director. Sorry. We will not be holding our IDPA match this month....see you in March.
  6. 380Super


    Sep 8, 2008
    The road to the range was covered with snow and a layer of ice. If one made it down the hill, they would probably have to be airlifted out.
  7. Thanks, Gary, for the feedback. I'm sure the range is in rough shape, especially, since the snow and ice melted over the past couple of days. (Thankful for the warm up!) I would guess it's a muddy mess. I have not been out since the storm, myself, but I've heard it is so nasty that Lee is considering cancelling the USPSA matches this month, too. I'm sure we'll find out for sure at Monday night's membership meeting.