Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Silly Dumb Question About Office

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by robin303, Sep 5, 2011.

1. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Sep 27, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I have a Dell laptop that I use as a backup PC. I have installed Office 2003 from the get go but I didn't realized it had a trial Office 2007 on it. Now when I get on Excel it wants the Product key for the 2007 which I dont have and I don't want. OK the question is I want to delete 2007 but if I do so will it effect 2003 and have to reload. My CD is in storage in a box that will take hours to find because I just moved.

2. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

Jan 25, 2008
    New England
    They are different programs so uninstalling the trial version will not affect your licensed 2003 version.

It never hurts to set a system restore point ahead of any major changes though, in the event that "anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" rears its ugly head.

3. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Sep 27, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Thanks Highspeed I will give it a try. :thumbsup:
  4. No, it will not effect your software. When I got my Dell xps laptop it came with MS Office full but I have 2010 Military Edition, which is essentially the same thing, but cheaper, has all the programs. After I installed and activated mine, I went and uninstalled the demo program and had no issues. Did the same on my other laptop, wifes laptop and our desktops.